10 May 2017, 14:27
Russian Orthodox church consecrated in New Zealand
*** Memorial to Russian soldiers will be opened in the biggest cemetery in Australia
Moscow, May 10, Interfax - Great consecration of St. Nicholas Church took place in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Bishop George of Canberra (the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia) chaired the service. Several dozens believers came to the consecration, press service of the ROCOR Australian and New Zealand Diocese reported.
The Russian Orthodox community in New Zealand started forming a half century ago and today has five parishes.
Meanwhile, in Australian Sydney believers are striving to build a memorial to Russian soldiers (participants in of the Great War of 1914, the Civil War 1918-1922 and the Great Patriotic War) buried at the local Rookwood cemetery and other Australian cemeteries, the message reads.
Today the Russian chapel works at the cemetery, it is the biggest cemetery in the country with over than 20,000 tombs of Russian people.
- Over 100,000 people participated in the procession with cross in the Urals at night of commemorating execution of the tsar family 19 July 2018, 10:56
- Russian Orthodox Church official comments on patriarch's stance on 'Yekaterinburg remains' 18 July 2018, 17:20
- First Orthodox monastery opens in Japan 17 July 2018, 18:13
- ECHR orders Russia to pay some 48,000 euros to Pussy Riot members over 2012 'punk prayer' case 17 July 2018, 13:27
- Russian Church takes notice of findings of new expert examination of imperial family remains – Legoyda (updated) 16 July 2018, 18:06
- Autocephaly is pillar of Ukrainian state - Poroshenko 16 July 2018, 17:33
- Moscow Patriarchate bishop dies in Athos 16 July 2018, 16:28
- Remains found near Yekaterinburg belong to Nicholas II, family - Russian Investigative Committee (updated) 16 July 2018, 12:23
- Memory of tragic death of imperial family to help rethink history - patriarch 16 July 2018, 10:11
- Patriarch visits Church on the Blood in Yekaterinburg 13 July 2018, 18:49
- Patriarch Kirill to lead 21-km procession in memory of Nicholas II's family 12 July 2018, 22:18
- Prosecutor seeks 7 years in penal colony for 'God Kuzya' for creation of sect, fraud 11 July 2018, 17:39
- Unrest in Ganja provoked by separatists, religious radicals, opposition - Azerbaijani presidential aide 11 July 2018, 14:29
- Imperial Orthodox Society denies connection to expulsion of Russian diplomats from Greece 11 July 2018, 13:37
- Putin again goes to Valaam Monastery 11 July 2018, 13:17
- Attempts of Russians to gain influence on Mount Athos resulted in diplomatic scandal - media 11 July 2018, 13:10
- Police clear protesters from chancellery of head of Armenian Church 10 July 2018, 17:57
- Patriarch Kirill, representatives of Constantinople Church discuss preserving inter-Orthodox unity 09 July 2018, 17:12
- Constantinople's response to Ukrainian Church's request for autocephaly to follow canonical logic - Russian Church official 09 July 2018, 13:24
- Church not planning to recognize authenticity of tsar's remains for 100th anniversary of killing of Nicholas II, family 09 July 2018, 13:16
- Onboard church started functioning at the Aurora cruiser first time after 1917 06 July 2018, 17:23
- Quarter-ton cakes to be baked in Kalmykia for Dalai Lama the 14th birthday 06 July 2018, 13:06
- Protesters break into Etchmiadzin Monastery, demand resignation of Armenian catholicos 06 July 2018, 12:42
- Constantinople Church never laid claim to Ukrainian Metropolitanate taken over by Russian Orthodox Church in 17th century – theologian 06 July 2018, 12:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion does not recommend to marry adherents of other religious traditions at backgrounds of the Mundial 02 July 2018, 13:55
- The House of Romanov official: expertise of the ‘Yekaterinburg remains’ is not completed 02 July 2018, 11:00
- Rumors about temporary nature of transferring the Metropolitanate of Kiev to the Moscow Patriarchate 300 years ago have no confirmation - Metropolitan Hilarion 29 June 2018, 13:55
- Delegation of the Constantinople Patriarchate will come to Moscow on July 9 for discussing the topic of Ukrainian autocephaly 29 June 2018, 13:16
- Legitimization of Ukrainian schism could cause bloodshed - Moscow Patriarchate 28 June 2018, 16:50
- After Istanbul visit, Ukrainian Orthodox Church hierarchs dismiss rumors of Constantinople Patriarchate's intention to grant autocephaly 26 June 2018, 19:07