21 April 2017, 13:02
Volodin calls for relying on Putin's opinion, avoiding radical moves in Lenin's reburial issue
Moscow, April 21, Interfax - State Duma Chairman Vyacheslav Volodin has urged United Russia deputies to rely on the opinion of the United Russia party's founder in the lawmaking process and to avoid radical moves in their legislative initiatives.
Volodin responded to a speech by Russian Communist Party Deputy Chairman and State Duma deputy Dmitry Novikov, who addressed the house on Friday to highlight the bill providing legal mechanisms of Vladimir Lenin's reburial. The bill submitted to parliament on Thursday was authored by Liberal Democratic Party deputies; three United Russia deputies chose to support the bill at first but later withdrew their signatures.
"As you can see, the deputies who at first felt enthusiastic about the initiative you are now criticizing have withdrawn their signatures," Volodin told Novikov.
The United Russia deputies withdrew their signatures because they realized that "it was wrong and should not be done," he said.
"There is also the viewpoint of United Russia's moral leader [Russian President Vladimir Putin] who has said once and again [that society needed a consensus on the matter]," Volodin said.
Therefore, "one should rely on the opinion of the man who created this party," he said.
This is the way to avoid radical moves, such as proposals to "take away and tear down," he said.
Volodin told his colleagues they should understand that Russia had existed for centuries, for more than a millennium, and that its history could not be divided into the period before the 1917 Revolution and the period after it.
- Metropolitan Hilarion holds up protestant missionaries as an example for Orthodox priests 18 October 2017, 17:32
- Moscow court declines defense lawyers' appeal against arrest of Christian State leader Kalinin 18 October 2017, 17:12
- Investigative Committee to investigate consolidated case against Christian State leader 18 October 2017, 15:49
- Patriarch Kirill pays attention of the participants in the Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly to attempts of infringing canonical church in Ukraine 17 October 2017, 14:14
- Patriarch Kirill urges to base legislation on law of morals 16 October 2017, 17:17
- Metropolitan Hilarion is positive about works of priest-rapper 16 October 2017, 14:41
- Communication between people doesn't depend on political, religious differences - Putin at opening of Youth Festival in Sochi 16 October 2017, 10:29
- Christian State leader Kalinin charged with extremism 13 October 2017, 12:32
- Head of Russian Catholics speaks about confident improvement of relations with the Russian Orthodox Church 12 October 2017, 11:05
- Homes of suspected Hizb ut-Tahrir members searched in Bakhchisarai 11 October 2017, 18:59
- Metropolitan Hilarion accuses the United States of the lack of democracy 11 October 2017, 17:21
- Catholics jointly with Orthodox believers will restore Orthodox churches in Syria 09 October 2017, 11:34
- Godless society will not conquer extremism - Vatican representative in Russia 06 October 2017, 18:48
- Religious leaders' dialogue promotes peaceful Karabakh settlement - head of Muslim Board of Caucasus 04 October 2017, 17:58
- Son of Russia's chief rabbi is involved in uniting Jews in Crimea 04 October 2017, 15:12
- Priest is not allowed to Russian pilot Yaroshenko in American prison 04 October 2017, 10:00
- Ingusheti preacher in averted assassination attempt already survived 03 October 2017, 11:47
- Russian Orthodox Church welcomes softened U.S. stance on freedom of conscience in Russia 03 October 2017, 10:00
- Attempt on life of religious figure averted in Ingushetia 02 October 2017, 13:31
- State Duma deputies who watched Matilda see it as movie, give filmmaker right to realize idea 29 September 2017, 18:05
- Patriarch Kirill equals insulting believers' feelings to extremism 29 September 2017, 15:19
- Patriarch Kirill positively evaluates relations between Uzbekistan's Muslims, Orthodox 29 September 2017, 13:39
- Lukashenko suggests organizing meeting between Patriarch Kirill, pope in Minsk 28 September 2017, 13:59
- Metropolitan Hilarion draws pope's attention to discrimination threat to canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church 28 September 2017, 10:11
- Syrian authorities are doing everything to protect Christians – Russian MP 28 September 2017, 10:07
- Uzbek leader plans to meet with Patriarch Kirill 28 September 2017, 10:04
- Russian Orthodox Church will be built in Kabul 28 September 2017, 10:01
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Uzbekistan 27 September 2017, 15:43
- Russia was the first to discover destructive essence of Gulen's sect - Mufti Krganov 27 September 2017, 10:29
- European Jews concerned about far-right party's Bundestag election results 25 September 2017, 15:52