20 April 2017, 13:18
Ukrainian army has sent about 500 Wahhabis to Mariupol, DNR says
*** ISIL terrorists fighting in Syria and Iraq were treated in Ukraine
Moscow, April 20, Interfax - The Ukrainian Armed Forces organized Islamic battalion in the district of Mariupol, official representative of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic army Eduard Basurin said.
"According to our information, about 500 Wahhabis are staying there. Most of them are from Chechen gangs that had fought under Dudayev. There are people from Middle Asia, from the Middle East and Crimean Tatars," he said in his interview with the Izvestia paper on Thursday.
Basurin found it difficult to say if this battalion belongs to the terrorist organization Islamic State (banned in Russia) "because if it is national guard and they joined the Ukrainian Ministry of Interior, then it is official division of the Armed Forces of Ukraine."
"In 2015 Ukraine adopted the law that allows any foreign citizen to join the Ukrainian Armed Forces. As an option, it is a kind of test for people who will be directed to Syria afterwards. We cannot say that training of these soldiers was ordered by the third party. But it is known that terrorists from Syria and Iraq came for treatment to Ukraine," he said.
According to DNR official, bombs from the Middle East, especially from Lebanon, were used for shelling the territory of the republic.
"No secret that Ukraine sold weapons to ISIL, they are trying to eliminate evidence by blowing up weapons storage in Balakleya," Basurin said.
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26
- Majority of Russian Protestants unlike western stand for traditional morals - Metropolitan Hilarion 02 November 2017, 16:37
- Patriarch Kirill invites Patriarch Ilia II to Moscow to celebrate 100th anniversary of restoration of Russian patriarchate 02 November 2017, 16:36
- Lenin's burial not on Kremlin agenda - Peskov 02 November 2017, 13:33
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes 'color' revolutions for using quasi-religious rhetoric 02 November 2017, 10:01
- Church representative speaks against renaming the October Revolution to "Russian" one 01 November 2017, 16:30
- Russian Jews point out to Patriarch Kirill’s special role in opposing Anti-Semitism and xenophobia 01 November 2017, 14:00
- Patriarch Kirill: if we do not educate our people, others will do it 01 November 2017, 13:29
- President and patriarch opens a monument to victims of repressions in Moscow 31 October 2017, 10:52
- Patriarch Kirill fears total control over people via gadgets 31 October 2017, 10:28