07 February 2017, 15:16
Christians of Syria pray for Putin's health and invite Patriarch Kirill
Saidnaya, February 7, Interfax - Nuns of the ancient Syrian Orthodox Monastery of the Saidnaya Mother of God thank Russia for help in settling the Syrian crisis and invite Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia to visit it.
"Patriarch Kirill visited these places as a pilgrim, and now he is considering his possibilities to do it again," his representative at the Antioch Patriarchate Hegumen Arseny (Sokolov) told the journalists on Tuesday.
Thus he responded to the invitation of the rector Hegumenia Fevronia, who received the delegation of the parliamentary group for friendship of Syria and Russia that is on visit to the Syrian Arabic Republic these days.
The hegumenia also told that nuns of the monastery constantly prayed for Russia's prosperity, for the health of Russian president Vladimir Putin and thanked for help in settling the Syrian crisis.
Hegumen Arseny greeted the Mother Superior on Patriarch Kirill's behalf and handed over memorable gifts to her.
The Saidnaya Monastery is one of the oldest in the world. It has always attracted many pilgrims. The monastery was a target for bombings, but as the hegumenia said at the meeting, "thanks to God, there were no victims."
Several miraculous events were registered when the rocket hit the building of the monastic school, but never exploded.
"The monastery is protected by the Mother of God. We have evidence of some soldiers who said they saw the Holy Virgin Mary, saw her protecting our city and the monastery," the hegumenia said.
- Jehovah 's Witness in Tajikistan sent to jail for 6 months for refusing to wear army uniform 20 October 2017, 10:27
- Interior Ministry official suggests criminalizing gay propaganda 19 October 2017, 17:00
- Prominent Tajik heart surgeon detained on suspicion of links to Salafis – media 19 October 2017, 15:53
- Moscow mufti warns that foreign radical preachers want to sway CIS Muslim space 19 October 2017, 10:07
- Metropolitan Hilarion holds up protestant missionaries as an example for Orthodox priests 18 October 2017, 17:32
- Moscow court declines defense lawyers' appeal against arrest of Christian State leader Kalinin 18 October 2017, 17:12
- Investigative Committee to investigate consolidated case against Christian State leader 18 October 2017, 15:49
- Patriarch Kirill pays attention of the participants in the Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly to attempts of infringing canonical church in Ukraine 17 October 2017, 14:14
- Patriarch Kirill urges to base legislation on law of morals 16 October 2017, 17:17
- Metropolitan Hilarion is positive about works of priest-rapper 16 October 2017, 14:41
- Communication between people doesn't depend on political, religious differences - Putin at opening of Youth Festival in Sochi 16 October 2017, 10:29
- Christian State leader Kalinin charged with extremism 13 October 2017, 12:32
- Head of Russian Catholics speaks about confident improvement of relations with the Russian Orthodox Church 12 October 2017, 11:05
- Homes of suspected Hizb ut-Tahrir members searched in Bakhchisarai 11 October 2017, 18:59
- Metropolitan Hilarion accuses the United States of the lack of democracy 11 October 2017, 17:21
- Catholics jointly with Orthodox believers will restore Orthodox churches in Syria 09 October 2017, 11:34
- Godless society will not conquer extremism - Vatican representative in Russia 06 October 2017, 18:48
- Religious leaders' dialogue promotes peaceful Karabakh settlement - head of Muslim Board of Caucasus 04 October 2017, 17:58
- Son of Russia's chief rabbi is involved in uniting Jews in Crimea 04 October 2017, 15:12
- Priest is not allowed to Russian pilot Yaroshenko in American prison 04 October 2017, 10:00
- Ingusheti preacher in averted assassination attempt already survived 03 October 2017, 11:47
- Russian Orthodox Church welcomes softened U.S. stance on freedom of conscience in Russia 03 October 2017, 10:00
- Attempt on life of religious figure averted in Ingushetia 02 October 2017, 13:31
- State Duma deputies who watched Matilda see it as movie, give filmmaker right to realize idea 29 September 2017, 18:05
- Patriarch Kirill equals insulting believers' feelings to extremism 29 September 2017, 15:19
- Patriarch Kirill positively evaluates relations between Uzbekistan's Muslims, Orthodox 29 September 2017, 13:39
- Lukashenko suggests organizing meeting between Patriarch Kirill, pope in Minsk 28 September 2017, 13:59
- Metropolitan Hilarion draws pope's attention to discrimination threat to canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church 28 September 2017, 10:11
- Syrian authorities are doing everything to protect Christians – Russian MP 28 September 2017, 10:07
- Uzbek leader plans to meet with Patriarch Kirill 28 September 2017, 10:04