07 February 2017, 15:16
Christians of Syria pray for Putin's health and invite Patriarch Kirill
Saidnaya, February 7, Interfax - Nuns of the ancient Syrian Orthodox Monastery of the Saidnaya Mother of God thank Russia for help in settling the Syrian crisis and invite Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia to visit it.
"Patriarch Kirill visited these places as a pilgrim, and now he is considering his possibilities to do it again," his representative at the Antioch Patriarchate Hegumen Arseny (Sokolov) told the journalists on Tuesday.
Thus he responded to the invitation of the rector Hegumenia Fevronia, who received the delegation of the parliamentary group for friendship of Syria and Russia that is on visit to the Syrian Arabic Republic these days.
The hegumenia also told that nuns of the monastery constantly prayed for Russia's prosperity, for the health of Russian president Vladimir Putin and thanked for help in settling the Syrian crisis.
Hegumen Arseny greeted the Mother Superior on Patriarch Kirill's behalf and handed over memorable gifts to her.
The Saidnaya Monastery is one of the oldest in the world. It has always attracted many pilgrims. The monastery was a target for bombings, but as the hegumenia said at the meeting, "thanks to God, there were no victims."
Several miraculous events were registered when the rocket hit the building of the monastic school, but never exploded.
"The monastery is protected by the Mother of God. We have evidence of some soldiers who said they saw the Holy Virgin Mary, saw her protecting our city and the monastery," the hegumenia said.
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia accuses mufti Gainutdin of spreading anti-Semite myths 25 June 2017, 16:10
- Russian Muslims provide humanitarian assistance to Syria 25 June 2017, 16:01
- Putin in congratulation on Eid al-Fitr speaks of Muslims' role in maintaining civil peace, accord 25 June 2017, 15:56
- Thousands of Muslims mark Eid al-Fitr in Moscow Cathedral Mosque 25 June 2017, 15:52
- Almost million worshippers bowed to holy remains of St. Nicholas in Moscow 23 June 2017, 11:50
- Moscow City Hall denies authorization for gay pride parade, rally in support of ECHR decision on law banning gay propaganda 22 June 2017, 18:06
- Aliyev repeals ban on religious activity of citizens trained abroad 22 June 2017, 15:30
- Georgian president calls discussion of restoration of monarchy 'strange PR move' 21 June 2017, 17:50
- Amur Region resident sentenced for hosting meetings of banned religious association 21 June 2017, 17:21
- Dodon to go to Mount Athos on vacation 21 June 2017, 17:14
- Number of those who want to be Orthodox priests has significantly grown in Russia 21 June 2017, 15:13
- Aliyev deems social justice to be best protection from religious radicalism 21 June 2017, 10:51
- Russia doesn't persecute LGBT but bans forcing this orientation on children – Lavrov 21 June 2017, 10:14
- Kremlin to look into ECHR judgment on law banning gay propaganda amongst minors, waits to see details 20 June 2017, 16:10
- Russian Justice Ministry to appeal ECHR judgment on Russian law banning gay propaganda amongst minors 20 June 2017, 13:28
- Radicalization of Kyrgyz nationals rooted in disregard of religion issues by previous administration - Kyrgyz Security Council secretary 20 June 2017, 13:13
- ECHR orders Russia to pay some 50,000 euros to Russian LGBT community activists 20 June 2017, 13:10
- Georgian patriarch proposes constitutional monarchy 19 June 2017, 10:24
- Kiev gay pride parade participants set upon by group of men three hours after event 19 June 2017, 10:13
- Two policemen sustain minor injuries during LGBT pride parade in Kiev 19 June 2017, 10:02
- The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia urges to remove Lenin's body from the Red Square 19 June 2017, 09:55
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Moscow Patriarchate remains one of the largest religious organizations in Ukraine - Culture Ministry 14 June 2017, 16:38
- Russia faces Ukraine's resistance in returning St. Alexander representation in Jerusalem 14 June 2017, 11:51
- Russian Church Abroad calls to support its Bethany school for Arabian girls 14 June 2017, 11:38
- According to some data, Lenin was depicted carrying a piece of cross, not log 13 June 2017, 17:52
- Islamic countries can resolve all of their disagreements peacefully – Aliyev 13 June 2017, 14:42
- Moscow Patriarchate takes measures to protect from hacker attacks 13 June 2017, 12:26
- New army church consecrated in Kyrgyz airbase 13 June 2017, 12:06
- Siberian Old Believers teach Chinese offices to survive in taiga 13 June 2017, 10:00
- Nazarbayev hopes Islamic world can reach understanding soon 09 June 2017, 11:02