22 July 2016, 11:41
Russian Jews speak strongly against gay pride parade in Jerusalem
*** Seeking tolerance in words, participants in the pride manifest the lack of it
Moscow, July 22, Interfax - The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia (FJCR) is outraged with a gay pride in Jerusalem held this Thursday.
"Manifestations of such exhibitionism - demonstration of your sexual orientation in public - is unacceptable. First of all, we express strong protest to Jerusalem authorities as they permitted this abusive action," FJCR president Alexander Boroda said commenting the event on Interfax-Religion request.
He stressed that being a believer, he cannot stay indifferent to the developments in the Holy Land as Israel and Jerusalem are "holy places for the Jews of the whole world," and reminded that Judaism as well as other monotheistic religions categorically prohibits homosexuality and practices "strongly negative attitude to homosexual relations."
"A religious person bases on the conviction that we should not be guided by our passions. God set laws of behavior restricting us. Until a person stays at home, he can do whatever he wants, but out in the open it is necessary to coordinate your actions with other people's behavioral norms," Boroda said.
According to him, when representatives of sexual minorities bring to the streets their norms unacceptable for the majority of traditionally-minded people and believers, they insult feelings of the majority.
"An argument that the pride is organized to increase tolerance and comprehension of these "norms" in society does not stand any criticism: minority acts contrary to it: they refuse to accept and understand feelings of the people around. Then what understanding in response can we speak about?" the interviewee of the agency wonders.
- Founder of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Krasnoyarsk jailed for 6 years 27 June 2022, 19:42
- Izyum Diocese in Ukraine's Kharkov Region refuses to be independent of Russian Orthodox Church 27 June 2022, 16:19
- Borrell regrets Patriarch Kirill left off EU list of sanctioned individuals 27 June 2022, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls for dismissing doubt about rightness of Russian way 27 June 2022, 11:04
- Ukrainian govt refuses to cancel lease with Ukrainian Orthodox Church 24 June 2022, 19:51
- Patriarch Kirill visits Russian servicemen injured during special operation in Ukraine 21 June 2022, 21:24
- Russia to hold 'Candle of Memory' vigil on eve of war's anniversary 21 June 2022, 20:06
- Jerusalem Patriarchate condemns Western rhetoric against Patriarch Kirill 21 June 2022, 19:02
- The image of the Virgin appeared on the door of Russian military hospital 21 June 2022, 18:01
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church asks EU diplomats for protection 16 June 2022, 19:46
- Russian Orthodox Church describes sanctions against Patriarch Kirill as absurd, pointless 16 June 2022, 14:47
- UK imposes sanctions on Patriarch Kirill 16 June 2022, 13:54
- LGBT pride parade won't be allowed in Chisinau - city mayor 14 June 2022, 10:00
- All-Tatar Public Center designated as extremist organization, banned 10 June 2022, 14:19
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about prospects of ban on marches near clinics, religious sites 10 June 2022, 14:17
- Rallies, demonstrations to be prohibited near religious buildings in Russia 09 June 2022, 16:39
- Over half of Russians favor restrictions on migrants' entry into country - senior Kremlin official 09 June 2022, 15:28
- Draft bill stipulating fines up to 10 mln rubles for propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations submitted to State Duma 07 June 2022, 21:10
- Russian court gives four Jehovah's Witnesses real jail time, suspended sentences in Trans-Baikal Territory 07 June 2022, 19:29
- Russian army averted damage to Sviatogorsk Lavra's historical and Orthodox monuments 07 June 2022, 15:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion relieved of duties as Moscow Patriarchate's external relations dept chairman 07 June 2022, 15:03
- Only Local Council can change status of Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Moscow Synod 07 June 2022, 15:01
- Crimean bishoprics directly subordinated to Patriarch Kirill 07 June 2022, 14:21
- Patriarch Kirill calls Belarus a truly sovereign state 06 June 2022, 12:52
- Process of transfer of Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem to Russia to be completed in foreseeable future - Russian FM 03 June 2022, 19:51
- Friendship of Slavic peoples to stand test of time - Patriarch Kirill 02 June 2022, 10:00
- Lavrov, OIC secretary general discuss causes of escalation in int'l relations 01 June 2022, 10:00
- Borrell's remarks on Russian patriarch give Kiev 'sanction' to persecute canonical Church – Moscow Patriarchate 31 May 2022, 18:21
- Another Donbass diocese disagrees with UOC decision to proclaim independence 31 May 2022, 17:50
- Chisinau mayor says won't allow LGBT pride parade to happen 31 May 2022, 17:22