24 June 2016, 18:42
Experts warn against Constantinople's attempt to set up a standing body of ruling the Orthodox world
Moscow, June 24, Interfax - The community of Russian experts called The Byzantium Club has criticized the idea of making The Pan-Orthodox Council a permanently acting body and supported the Russian Church in its decision not to participate in the forum of church heads now held on Crete.
"An attempt to set up some permanently acting governing body is an attempt against autocephaly (independence) of local Churches, an attempt to set up a kind of outside administration over local Churches," press service of the Russian Public Chamber reports resuming the results of the Byzantium Club session held on its platform and chaired by renowned political expert Servey Markov.
Participants in the club believe that it may be considered in the context of "Europe's vassal position before the USA."
"Experts were positive about the decision of the Russian Orthodox Church not to participate in the Pan-Orthodox Council as participation of the most numerous local Church would have strengthened the legitimacy of the Council and its decisions no matter how the discussion develops," the message reads.
Participant in the session and member of the Byzantium Club Kirill Frolov told Interfax-Religion that organizers of the forum did not conceal that it was mostly held on money of American benefactors.
"We can suppose who these benefactors from the State Department and other services are. Setting up a standing body of outside administration over local Orthodox Churches, imposing the program of their deautocephalization correlates with Washington idea of depriving national states of sovereignty by the way of holding orange revolutions there," he said.
Frolov believes the Russian Orthodox Church as the world's biggest Orthodox Church bears the responsibility of preserving unity of Orthodoxy, "dogma about Orthodox Church as the only true, and convene the truly Pan-Orthodox Council without pressure and doubtful dogmatic and canonical experiments."
Archbishop of the Constantinople Patriarch Archbishop Job of Telmessos recently told the journalists resuming the results of opening the inter-Orthodox forum on Crete, that the primates of Orthodox Churches expressed hope that the Holy and the Great Council will become a new body of the Orthodox Church, which will be convened regularly to settle the problems, which Orthodox believers face in the 21st century."
- Russian Orthodox Church official comments on patriarch's stance on 'Yekaterinburg remains' 18 July 2018, 17:20
- First Orthodox monastery opens in Japan 17 July 2018, 18:13
- ECHR orders Russia to pay some 48,000 euros to Pussy Riot members over 2012 'punk prayer' case 17 July 2018, 13:27
- Russian Church takes notice of findings of new expert examination of imperial family remains – Legoyda (updated) 16 July 2018, 18:06
- Autocephaly is pillar of Ukrainian state - Poroshenko 16 July 2018, 17:33
- Moscow Patriarchate bishop dies in Athos 16 July 2018, 16:28
- Remains found near Yekaterinburg belong to Nicholas II, family - Russian Investigative Committee (updated) 16 July 2018, 12:23
- Memory of tragic death of imperial family to help rethink history - patriarch 16 July 2018, 10:11
- Patriarch visits Church on the Blood in Yekaterinburg 13 July 2018, 18:49
- Patriarch Kirill to lead 21-km procession in memory of Nicholas II's family 12 July 2018, 22:18
- Prosecutor seeks 7 years in penal colony for 'God Kuzya' for creation of sect, fraud 11 July 2018, 17:39
- Unrest in Ganja provoked by separatists, religious radicals, opposition - Azerbaijani presidential aide 11 July 2018, 14:29
- Imperial Orthodox Society denies connection to expulsion of Russian diplomats from Greece 11 July 2018, 13:37
- Putin again goes to Valaam Monastery 11 July 2018, 13:17
- Attempts of Russians to gain influence on Mount Athos resulted in diplomatic scandal - media 11 July 2018, 13:10
- Police clear protesters from chancellery of head of Armenian Church 10 July 2018, 17:57
- Patriarch Kirill, representatives of Constantinople Church discuss preserving inter-Orthodox unity 09 July 2018, 17:12
- Constantinople's response to Ukrainian Church's request for autocephaly to follow canonical logic - Russian Church official 09 July 2018, 13:24
- Church not planning to recognize authenticity of tsar's remains for 100th anniversary of killing of Nicholas II, family 09 July 2018, 13:16
- Onboard church started functioning at the Aurora cruiser first time after 1917 06 July 2018, 17:23
- Quarter-ton cakes to be baked in Kalmykia for Dalai Lama the 14th birthday 06 July 2018, 13:06
- Protesters break into Etchmiadzin Monastery, demand resignation of Armenian catholicos 06 July 2018, 12:42
- Constantinople Church never laid claim to Ukrainian Metropolitanate taken over by Russian Orthodox Church in 17th century – theologian 06 July 2018, 12:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion does not recommend to marry adherents of other religious traditions at backgrounds of the Mundial 02 July 2018, 13:55
- The House of Romanov official: expertise of the ‘Yekaterinburg remains’ is not completed 02 July 2018, 11:00
- Rumors about temporary nature of transferring the Metropolitanate of Kiev to the Moscow Patriarchate 300 years ago have no confirmation - Metropolitan Hilarion 29 June 2018, 13:55
- Delegation of the Constantinople Patriarchate will come to Moscow on July 9 for discussing the topic of Ukrainian autocephaly 29 June 2018, 13:16
- Legitimization of Ukrainian schism could cause bloodshed - Moscow Patriarchate 28 June 2018, 16:50
- After Istanbul visit, Ukrainian Orthodox Church hierarchs dismiss rumors of Constantinople Patriarchate's intention to grant autocephaly 26 June 2018, 19:07
- The hunting control service believes bears in Murmansk 'learned' the schedule of church feasts 26 June 2018, 18:33