08 May 2015, 17:13
Xi Jinping praise Russian Church's role in fight against fascism
Moscow, May 8, Interfax - China values the contribution made by the Russian Orthodox Church in the joint fight against fascism, Chinese leader Xi Jinping said at the beginning of a meeting with Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia at the Kremlin on Thursday.
The Chinese leader headed for the meeting with the patriarch straight after talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Xi recalled his first meeting with the patriarch two years ago. "I think it enabled you to know our country deeper and do more to develop the Russian-Chinese relationship," he said
"I can well remember how during our conversation you told me that preserving the Russian national traditions, the nation's interests and values is the task of paramount importance for the Russian Orthodox Church," he went on.
The Chinese leader added that his current visit to Russia is timed to coincide with the 70th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War.
"In those years the Russian Orthodox Church urged people to defend their country, urged them to serve loyally to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity and provide security for their country. We highly appreciate Russian Orthodox Church's contribution in the joint fight against fascism," he said.
For his part, Patriarch Kirill praised their 2013 meeting. "I can recall that remarkable visit I made to China and our first conversation that enabled me to understand a lot, in particular, how seriously you take the role of culture, traditions, and the moral factor in the formation of national life and in the formation of human individuality," he said.
The Chinese president is in Moscow on a formal visit. On May 9 he will attend the festivities in honor of the Victory Day, including a parade in Red Square.
- Patriarch Kirill pays attention of the participants in the Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly to attempts of infringing canonical church in Ukraine 17 October 2017, 14:14
- Patriarch Kirill urges to base legislation on law of morals 16 October 2017, 17:17
- Metropolitan Hilarion is positive about works of priest-rapper 16 October 2017, 14:41
- Communication between people doesn't depend on political, religious differences - Putin at opening of Youth Festival in Sochi 16 October 2017, 10:29
- Christian State leader Kalinin charged with extremism 13 October 2017, 12:32
- Head of Russian Catholics speaks about confident improvement of relations with the Russian Orthodox Church 12 October 2017, 11:05
- Homes of suspected Hizb ut-Tahrir members searched in Bakhchisarai 11 October 2017, 18:59
- Metropolitan Hilarion accuses the United States of the lack of democracy 11 October 2017, 17:21
- Catholics jointly with Orthodox believers will restore Orthodox churches in Syria 09 October 2017, 11:34
- Godless society will not conquer extremism - Vatican representative in Russia 06 October 2017, 18:48
- Religious leaders' dialogue promotes peaceful Karabakh settlement - head of Muslim Board of Caucasus 04 October 2017, 17:58
- Son of Russia's chief rabbi is involved in uniting Jews in Crimea 04 October 2017, 15:12
- Priest is not allowed to Russian pilot Yaroshenko in American prison 04 October 2017, 10:00
- Ingusheti preacher in averted assassination attempt already survived 03 October 2017, 11:47
- Russian Orthodox Church welcomes softened U.S. stance on freedom of conscience in Russia 03 October 2017, 10:00
- Attempt on life of religious figure averted in Ingushetia 02 October 2017, 13:31
- State Duma deputies who watched Matilda see it as movie, give filmmaker right to realize idea 29 September 2017, 18:05
- Patriarch Kirill equals insulting believers' feelings to extremism 29 September 2017, 15:19
- Patriarch Kirill positively evaluates relations between Uzbekistan's Muslims, Orthodox 29 September 2017, 13:39
- Lukashenko suggests organizing meeting between Patriarch Kirill, pope in Minsk 28 September 2017, 13:59
- Metropolitan Hilarion draws pope's attention to discrimination threat to canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church 28 September 2017, 10:11
- Syrian authorities are doing everything to protect Christians – Russian MP 28 September 2017, 10:07
- Uzbek leader plans to meet with Patriarch Kirill 28 September 2017, 10:04
- Russian Orthodox Church will be built in Kabul 28 September 2017, 10:01
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Uzbekistan 27 September 2017, 15:43
- Russia was the first to discover destructive essence of Gulen's sect - Mufti Krganov 27 September 2017, 10:29
- European Jews concerned about far-right party's Bundestag election results 25 September 2017, 15:52
- Holy Russia leader under prosecution for pressuring cinemas due to Matilda, detained 25 September 2017, 10:04
- Christian State leader released with travel restrictions 22 September 2017, 17:13
- Religious extremist from Tajikistan arrested in Kirov Region 22 September 2017, 17:08