13 May 2014, 17:22
Gay activists inform Moscow Mayor's Office on holding Conchita Wurst march of bearded women, men
Moscow, May 13, Interfax - Moscow gay activists have sent a notification to the Moscow Mayor's Office on holding the Conchita Wurst March of Bearded Women and Men, GayRussia.ru portal reported.
"According to the application filed, the event should be held on Tuesday, May 27 - on the day of the 21st anniversary of cancelling criminal prosecution for voluntary homosexual relations in Russia," the statement said.
The march was announced to be held at the pedestrian section of Tverskoy Boulevard from Pushkinskaya Square to Nikitskiye Vorota Square between 1 and 2 p.m. with up to 100 participants.
"Many lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) activists want to use the image of Conchita Wurst during the coming 9th annual gay parade planned for Saturday, May 31. Due to this, the application to hold the Conchita Wurst march of bearded people open the gay parade season and will become a trial balloon in our relations with the Moscow Mayor's Office this year," the portal quoted founder of the Moscow gay parade movement Nikolay Alexeyev as saying.
"Bearded lady" Conchita Wurst (a.k.a. transvestite Tom Neuwirth) won the Eurovision-2014 musical contest held in Copenhagen on May 6-10, having received 290 points.
The Common Linnets band of the Netherlands won second place and Sanna Nielsen of Sweden won third. Maria and Anastasia Tolmachyova representing Russia were seventh with 89 points.
- Ukrainian hackers attack website of Russian Orthodox Church's external relations dept 01 July 2022, 14:40
- Federal Penitentiary Service, which used to carry out death penalty, opposes its reintroduction 30 June 2022, 21:37
- Lavrov thanks the Jewish Museum of Moscow for carefully preserving the memory of important pages of history 30 June 2022, 11:37
- Founder of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Krasnoyarsk jailed for 6 years 27 June 2022, 19:42
- Izyum Diocese in Ukraine's Kharkov Region refuses to be independent of Russian Orthodox Church 27 June 2022, 16:19
- Borrell regrets Patriarch Kirill left off EU list of sanctioned individuals 27 June 2022, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls for dismissing doubt about rightness of Russian way 27 June 2022, 11:04
- Ukrainian govt refuses to cancel lease with Ukrainian Orthodox Church 24 June 2022, 19:51
- Patriarch Kirill visits Russian servicemen injured during special operation in Ukraine 21 June 2022, 21:24
- Russia to hold 'Candle of Memory' vigil on eve of war's anniversary 21 June 2022, 20:06
- Jerusalem Patriarchate condemns Western rhetoric against Patriarch Kirill 21 June 2022, 19:02
- The image of the Virgin appeared on the door of Russian military hospital 21 June 2022, 18:01
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church asks EU diplomats for protection 16 June 2022, 19:46
- Russian Orthodox Church describes sanctions against Patriarch Kirill as absurd, pointless 16 June 2022, 14:47
- UK imposes sanctions on Patriarch Kirill 16 June 2022, 13:54
- LGBT pride parade won't be allowed in Chisinau - city mayor 14 June 2022, 10:00
- All-Tatar Public Center designated as extremist organization, banned 10 June 2022, 14:19
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about prospects of ban on marches near clinics, religious sites 10 June 2022, 14:17
- Rallies, demonstrations to be prohibited near religious buildings in Russia 09 June 2022, 16:39
- Over half of Russians favor restrictions on migrants' entry into country - senior Kremlin official 09 June 2022, 15:28
- Draft bill stipulating fines up to 10 mln rubles for propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations submitted to State Duma 07 June 2022, 21:10
- Russian court gives four Jehovah's Witnesses real jail time, suspended sentences in Trans-Baikal Territory 07 June 2022, 19:29
- Russian army averted damage to Sviatogorsk Lavra's historical and Orthodox monuments 07 June 2022, 15:28
- Metropolitan Hilarion relieved of duties as Moscow Patriarchate's external relations dept chairman 07 June 2022, 15:03
- Only Local Council can change status of Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Moscow Synod 07 June 2022, 15:01
- Crimean bishoprics directly subordinated to Patriarch Kirill 07 June 2022, 14:21
- Patriarch Kirill calls Belarus a truly sovereign state 06 June 2022, 12:52
- Process of transfer of Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem to Russia to be completed in foreseeable future - Russian FM 03 June 2022, 19:51
- Friendship of Slavic peoples to stand test of time - Patriarch Kirill 02 June 2022, 10:00
- Lavrov, OIC secretary general discuss causes of escalation in int'l relations 01 June 2022, 10:00