22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- No breakthrough accomplished in Orthodox-Catholic dialog - Moscow Patriarchate 28 September 2010, 10:01
- Russian Church open to dialogue with Catholics, Protestants 27 September 2010, 10:09
- Catholic, Orthodox Churches to try to overcome millennium-long disagreement 22 September 2010, 10:23
- Russian Catholics are interested in strong Orthodoxy 03 September 2010, 17:07
- Swiss theologian became an Orthodox 31 August 2010, 11:23
- Patriarch Kirill agrees with Pope on many issues 19 July 2010, 12:31
- Russian Church hopes to develop cooperation with Vatican under new head of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity 05 July 2010, 13:56
- Vatican ambassador to Russia urges Catholic priests to periodically attend Orthodox divine services 18 June 2010, 15:35
- Meeting between Patriarch, Pope will take place when sides ready - Russian Orthodox Church 09 June 2010, 13:59
- Catholic festivities not best occasion for Pope's visit to Ukraine - Moscow Patriarchate 26 May 2010, 11:56
- Benedict XVI thanks Patriarch Kirill for concert in Vatican 21 May 2010, 14:18
- Metropolitan Hilarion hopes that the meeting between Moscow Patriarch and Pope will happen during the tenure of current Primates 19 May 2010, 18:19
- Vatican to hold concert of Russian Orthodox music 17 May 2010, 11:31
- Vatican will have Russian embassy 22 March 2010, 12:44
- It is impossible to be Catholic in Russia without respecting Russian Church – Archbishop Pezzi 18 February 2010, 14:23
- Vatican to hold Days of Russian Spiritual Culture 12 February 2010, 12:49
- Metropolitan Hilarion asks priests not to refuse Orthodox and Catholic in marriage 04 February 2010, 16:45
- Russian Church, Pope agree on many contemporary issues - Patriarch Kirill (updated) 02 February 2010, 16:00
- Russian Orthodox Church tight-lipped about possible meeting between Patriarch Kirill, Benedict XVI 13 January 2010, 10:32
- Moscow Patriarchate thanks Pope for not pressing on meeting with Moscow Patriarch 16 December 2009, 10:01
- Russian Church wants "concrete steps" from Vatican to make Patriarch-Pope meeting possible 07 December 2009, 11:56
- Patriarch Kirill believes Orthodox and Catholics should jointly oppose world atheism 04 December 2009, 15:17
- Patriarch Kirill thanks Catholics for their support in opening Orthodox seminary in France 04 December 2009, 14:42
- Moscow Patriarchate: Russian-Vatican diplomatic relations to work for welfare of nations and Churches 04 December 2009, 13:37
- Russia-Vatican diplomatic relations to help protect peace and promote human values, the Holy See Representative to Russia believes 04 December 2009, 12:50