06 June 2019
Topic of the day
Putin to meet with Pope Francis
Moscow, June 6, Interfax - Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has confirmed preparations for Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to Rome and the Vatican, where a meeting with Pope Francis is pending.
"It is true that Putin's trip and contacts in Rome are being prepared. He is due to have an audience with the pontiff as part of the visit. Technicalities are being addressed. We will make a relevant statement later," Peskov told the press on Thursday.
As to whether a potential visit of the Pope to Russia is under consideration, Peskov said, "No. For now, Putin's visit to the Vatican is being discussed. You're being overhasty."
The Italian news agency ANSA said on Thursday that Pope Francis was due to receive Putin in the Vatican on July 4.
Putin and Pope Francis have met twice, including four years ago, on June 10, 2015, when the president discussed key global problems and bilateral relations with the pontiff. Before that they met in November 2013.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
- Russian lawmaker hopes good relations will be maintained between Russian Orthodox, Roman Catholic Churches 11 February 2013, 18:05
- Orthodox-Catholic relations won't be affected by change of Vatican leader - Russian Church 11 February 2013, 16:49
- Patriarch Kirill says it is too early to set date for his meeting with Pope 16 August 2012, 11:10
- Director of a Russian school complains of injustice to the Pope of Rome 14 April 2012, 16:15
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Catholic Poland 30 March 2012, 13:02
- Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, Pope will meet, but not now - Metropolitan Hilarion 14 March 2012, 13:34
- Patriarch Kirill says his meeting with Pope is not possible yet 30 January 2012, 13:27
- Patriarch Kirill expresses "respect, fraternal love" to Pope Benedict XVI 27 September 2011, 10:03
- Russian and Vatican can do a lot to settle human problems and develop interreligious dialogue - Medvedev 15 July 2011, 12:28
- Rector of Russian Church in Iceland transfers icon to Catholic Church for the time of his vacations 16 June 2011, 12:47
- Almost one third of Russians believe historic division of Christians to be a mistake – poll 25 May 2011, 12:55
- Faberge exhibition to open next week in Vatican 04 April 2011, 15:13
- Orthodox liturgy was first celebrated at relics of St. Alexis, the Man of God 01 April 2011, 18:07
- Russian Church urges Catholics to organize missionary "attack" on Europe 21 March 2011, 12:14
- Sooner or later Patriarch Kirill and Benedict XVI will meet, the Vatican says 18 March 2011, 11:36
- Over 20 thsd books from Italian and papal universities to be transferred to Moscow Theological Academy 09 March 2011, 11:51
- Vatican names new ambassador to Russia 21 February 2011, 10:35
- Former Vatican Ambassador to Russia is decorated with Order of Friendship 18 February 2011, 17:47
- Pope, Patriarch will meet "when time comes" - Russian Church 17 February 2011, 17:41
- Russian Orthodox Church welcomes Medvedev's meeting with Benedict XVI 17 February 2011, 16:00
- Russian president meets with Pope 17 February 2011, 15:54
- Vekselberg's Link of Times Foundation to hold Faberge exhibition in Vatican 17 February 2011, 13:17
- Medvedev and Benedict XVI will compare notes on foreign political problems 16 February 2011, 10:02
- Pope-Medvedev meeting will help protect moral values worldwide - Vatican 14 February 2011, 17:52
- Russian Orthodox Church welcomes strengthening relations between Moscow, Vatican 14 February 2011, 17:19