22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- Russian Church urges Catholics to organize missionary "attack" on Europe 21 March 2011, 12:14
- Sooner or later Patriarch Kirill and Benedict XVI will meet, the Vatican says 18 March 2011, 11:36
- Over 20 thsd books from Italian and papal universities to be transferred to Moscow Theological Academy 09 March 2011, 11:51
- Vatican names new ambassador to Russia 21 February 2011, 10:35
- Former Vatican Ambassador to Russia is decorated with Order of Friendship 18 February 2011, 17:47
- Pope, Patriarch will meet "when time comes" - Russian Church 17 February 2011, 17:41
- Russian Orthodox Church welcomes Medvedev's meeting with Benedict XVI 17 February 2011, 16:00
- Russian president meets with Pope 17 February 2011, 15:54
- Vekselberg's Link of Times Foundation to hold Faberge exhibition in Vatican 17 February 2011, 13:17
- Medvedev and Benedict XVI will compare notes on foreign political problems 16 February 2011, 10:02
- Pope-Medvedev meeting will help protect moral values worldwide - Vatican 14 February 2011, 17:52
- Russian Orthodox Church welcomes strengthening relations between Moscow, Vatican 14 February 2011, 17:19
- Russian Culture Center opens at Belgium Catholic University 08 February 2011, 17:44
- Patriarch Kirill thanks Vatican envoy for important contribution in improving Orthodox-Catholic relations 27 January 2011, 15:19
- Patriarch's meeting with Pope getting nearer - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 November 2010, 10:03
- Kaliningrad's Orthodox Christians accuse Catholics of proselytizing plot 23 November 2010, 10:19
- Moscow Patriarchate, Vatican wage common fight against secular liberalism - Patriarch Kirill 19 November 2010, 10:18
- Russian Orthodox Church declines Catholics' claims for former Catholic church in Kaliningrad 16 November 2010, 13:17
- Kaliningrad Orthodox diocese advises Catholic archbishop "not to throw stones in glass house" 15 November 2010, 15:41
- Particle of St. Andrew’s relics to be brought to Astana as Pope’s gift 13 November 2010, 17:48
- Patriarch Kirill thanks German authorities for support extended to Russian Church in the country 13 October 2010, 17:52
- Metropolitan Hilarion thanks Catholics for their active assistance rendered to Orthodox believers abroad 06 October 2010, 16:40
- No breakthrough accomplished in Orthodox-Catholic dialog - Moscow Patriarchate 28 September 2010, 10:01
- Russian Church open to dialogue with Catholics, Protestants 27 September 2010, 10:09
- Catholic, Orthodox Churches to try to overcome millennium-long disagreement 22 September 2010, 10:23