22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- Russian Orthodox Church hopes ties with Catholics will grow stronger under new Pope (updated) 14 March 2013, 16:06
- Patriarch Kirill's meeting with new Pope possible only after conflicts are resolved - Metropolitan Hilarion 14 March 2013, 15:49
- Ortodox-Catholic relations improve - Russian ambassador to Vatican 14 March 2013, 14:37
- Russian senators hope gap between Vatican and Orthodox Church will narrow under new pope (updated) 14 March 2013, 14:35
- Metropolitan Hilarion will head Russian delegation to new pope's enthronement 14 March 2013, 14:13
- Russian president congratulates new Roman Catholic pontiff on his election - Kremlin 14 March 2013, 11:57
- Russian Church hopes Orthodox-Catholic ties will grow stronger under new Pope 14 March 2013, 10:49
- Russian Orthodox Church's position on possible Patriarch-Pope meeting unchanged 13 March 2013, 14:21
- Patriarch Kirill thanks Benedict XVI for firmness, humility 04 March 2013, 11:49
- Lukashenko thanks Benedict XVI for preserving Christian values 27 February 2013, 16:53
- Scottish cardinal resigned because of intrigues - Russian Orthodox Church 26 February 2013, 16:18
- Russian Orthodox Church hopes to maintain relations with Benedict XVI's successor - Metropolitan Hilarion 21 February 2013, 10:03
- New pope to work to "strengthen faith" - Vatican embassy adviser 13 February 2013, 17:57
- Putin aide praises Benedict XVI 13 February 2013, 10:01
- Russian scholar praises Benedict XVI, slams John Paul II 12 February 2013, 10:05
- Pope's resignation no threat to Catholic Church - Russian Catholics 12 February 2013, 10:02
- Age not the only reason for Pope's resignation - Russia's Evangelical Christian leader 12 February 2013, 10:01
- Russian lawmaker hopes good relations will be maintained between Russian Orthodox, Roman Catholic Churches 11 February 2013, 18:05
- Orthodox-Catholic relations won't be affected by change of Vatican leader - Russian Church 11 February 2013, 16:49
- Patriarch Kirill says it is too early to set date for his meeting with Pope 16 August 2012, 11:10
- Director of a Russian school complains of injustice to the Pope of Rome 14 April 2012, 16:15
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Catholic Poland 30 March 2012, 13:02
- Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, Pope will meet, but not now - Metropolitan Hilarion 14 March 2012, 13:34
- Patriarch Kirill says his meeting with Pope is not possible yet 30 January 2012, 13:27
- Patriarch Kirill expresses "respect, fraternal love" to Pope Benedict XVI 27 September 2011, 10:03