06 June 2019
Topic of the day
Putin to meet with Pope Francis
Moscow, June 6, Interfax - Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has confirmed preparations for Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to Rome and the Vatican, where a meeting with Pope Francis is pending.
"It is true that Putin's trip and contacts in Rome are being prepared. He is due to have an audience with the pontiff as part of the visit. Technicalities are being addressed. We will make a relevant statement later," Peskov told the press on Thursday.
As to whether a potential visit of the Pope to Russia is under consideration, Peskov said, "No. For now, Putin's visit to the Vatican is being discussed. You're being overhasty."
The Italian news agency ANSA said on Thursday that Pope Francis was due to receive Putin in the Vatican on July 4.
Putin and Pope Francis have met twice, including four years ago, on June 10, 2015, when the president discussed key global problems and bilateral relations with the pontiff. Before that they met in November 2013.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 |
- Russian Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Pope Francis in Vatican 16 June 2015, 11:32
- Peskov on statement by U.S. ambassador to Vatican: brazen attempt to suppress another country's sovereignty 11 June 2015, 10:08
- Putin, Pope discussed Ukrainian crisis - Peskov 11 June 2015, 10:06
- Pope-Putin meeting teaches to hold dialogue instead of creating imaginary enemy - Vatican's Embassy to Russia 11 June 2015, 10:05
- Putin-Pope meeting lasted over an hour 11 June 2015, 10:02
- Putin ready to discuss situation in Ukraine with Pope Francis - Peskov 09 June 2015, 18:03
- Putin and Pope Francis to discuss possible further contacts - Ushakov 09 June 2015, 10:49
- Russian Catholics expect Putin, Pope to discuss plight of Middle Eastern Christian 09 June 2015, 10:03
- Russian Church hopes meeting between Putin, pope will help protect Christians in Middle East 05 June 2015, 17:41
- Patriarch Kirill grateful to Pope for considered stance on Ukraine, condemns Uniates 05 May 2015, 10:07
- Vatican ex-advisor converts to Orthodoxy and becomes a monk in Moscow monastery 31 March 2015, 15:49
- Patriarch Kirill thanks Vatican for balanced view on Ukraine crisis 03 February 2015, 12:19
- Dialogue over Pope-Patriarch meeting thwarted by Greek Catholics' actions in Ukraine - patriarch's spokesperson 03 December 2014, 10:02
- Synodal Choir gives concert in the Sistine Chapel in Vatican 01 July 2014, 13:51
- Patriarch Kirill finds first year of Pope Francis' service effective 13 March 2014, 17:55
- Stepashin meets Pope Francis 27 February 2014, 11:23
- Russian Orthodox, Catholic churches concur on many issues - patriarch 19 December 2013, 10:01
- Meeting of Pope, Patriarch is historical event, requires detailed preparations - Vatican 17 December 2013, 10:01
- Too early to discuss time, place of meeting of Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis - Russian Church 28 November 2013, 10:13
- Putin: Russia, Vatican have similar positions on many issues 27 November 2013, 10:22
- Putin, pontiff compare positions on global affairs - Russian Orthodox Church cleric 26 November 2013, 14:59
- Russian president's meeting with Pope Francis lasted longer than planned 26 November 2013, 10:16
- Moscow Patriarchate hopes Putin's Vatican visit will make Orthodox-Catholic ties stronger 22 November 2013, 11:01
- Putin to discuss Syrian peace process with pontiff 21 November 2013, 16:44
- Putin, Pope Francis to possibly meet 07 November 2013, 16:51