22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- Delaying patriarch-pope meeting "no longer possible" - Russian Orthodox Church 08 February 2016, 10:00
- Meeting between pope, patriarch of Moscow to mark new stage in relations between two Churches - joint statement 05 February 2016, 20:59
- Russian Catholics place high hopes on meeting of Pope Francis and Patriarch Kirill 05 February 2016, 15:38
- Pope's possible visit to Russia not being discussed for now - Metropolitan Hilarion 05 February 2016, 15:11
- Patriarch Kirill, pope to meet on Cuba on February 12 (updated) 05 February 2016, 14:40
- Russian Orthodox Church denies rumors of upcoming Patriarch-Pope meeting in Latin America 26 January 2016, 18:03
- Too early to speak of meeting between pope, patriarch - Russian Church 22 January 2016, 16:46
- Belarusian leader Lukashenko wants to meet with Pope Francis 07 December 2015, 10:00
- Issue of meeting between pope, patriarch on agenda, but too early to speak about results - Russian Orthodox Church 29 October 2015, 15:31
- Metropolitan Hilarion, Pope discuss persecution of Christians in Middle East 22 October 2015, 10:07
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls on Catholics to jointly protect traditional marriage 21 October 2015, 14:40
- Russian Church denies reports of time and place of Patriarch-Pope meeting being set 29 June 2015, 18:18
- Russian Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Pope Francis in Vatican 16 June 2015, 11:32
- Peskov on statement by U.S. ambassador to Vatican: brazen attempt to suppress another country's sovereignty 11 June 2015, 10:08
- Putin, Pope discussed Ukrainian crisis - Peskov 11 June 2015, 10:06
- Pope-Putin meeting teaches to hold dialogue instead of creating imaginary enemy - Vatican's Embassy to Russia 11 June 2015, 10:05
- Putin-Pope meeting lasted over an hour 11 June 2015, 10:02
- Putin ready to discuss situation in Ukraine with Pope Francis - Peskov 09 June 2015, 18:03
- Putin and Pope Francis to discuss possible further contacts - Ushakov 09 June 2015, 10:49
- Russian Catholics expect Putin, Pope to discuss plight of Middle Eastern Christian 09 June 2015, 10:03
- Russian Church hopes meeting between Putin, pope will help protect Christians in Middle East 05 June 2015, 17:41
- Patriarch Kirill grateful to Pope for considered stance on Ukraine, condemns Uniates 05 May 2015, 10:07
- Vatican ex-advisor converts to Orthodoxy and becomes a monk in Moscow monastery 31 March 2015, 15:49
- Patriarch Kirill thanks Vatican for balanced view on Ukraine crisis 03 February 2015, 12:19
- Dialogue over Pope-Patriarch meeting thwarted by Greek Catholics' actions in Ukraine - patriarch's spokesperson 03 December 2014, 10:02