22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- Patriarch Kirill gives the Pope of Rome a particle of St. Seraphim relics 16 September 2016, 11:55
- Holy relics from Vatican to be conveyed to a church in the Nizhny Novgorod Region 12 September 2016, 15:44
- Russian Church and Vatican open summer institute for foreign Catholics in Moscow 30 August 2016, 13:41
- Patriarch-Pope meeting in Belarus could help solve Ukrainian crisis - Vatican envoy 08 July 2016, 17:56
- New apostolic nuncio for the soonest continuation of Orthodox-Catholic contacts started on Cuba 14 June 2016, 11:07
- Russian culture and religiosity attracts new apostolic nuncio to Russia 14 June 2016, 11:01
- Belarus ready to host meeting between Pope, Patriarch Kirill 27 May 2016, 16:30
- Lukashenko proposes arrangement of meeting between Pontiff and Patriarch of Moscow for sake of peace in Donbass (updated) 23 May 2016, 10:57
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Catholics to defend Christians' rights in the world together 20 May 2016, 10:00
- Russian and Catholic Church to hold an action to help Syrian children 22 April 2016, 11:25
- Patriarch's meeting with the pope helped save thousands of Syrians - Synod 18 April 2016, 14:17
- Russian, Catholic Churches to make list of destroyed churches, monasteries in Syria 11 April 2016, 10:00
- Patriarch Kirill's meeting with the pontiff contributed to responding to global challenges, the Russian Foreign minister believes 06 April 2016, 17:05
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Pope Francis on Easter 28 March 2016, 15:11
- Patriarch Kirill says meeting with Pope forced world to admit genocide of Christians 21 March 2016, 10:01
- Russian Orthodox Church denies plans to take in Uniates 11 March 2016, 13:35
- Russian Orthodox Church cites deep differences with Holy See 11 March 2016, 12:27
- Russians consider meeting between pope, patriarch useful, support their further contacts - poll 09 March 2016, 18:28
- The Unia will always be the apple of discord between the Churches if Uniates won't overcome intolerance to others - UOC official 26 February 2016, 16:11
- State Duma speaker urges European politicians to follow the example of the pope and the patriarch 26 February 2016, 10:00
- Meeting between Patriarch Kirill, Pope affected situation in world - Russian Church 24 February 2016, 16:30
- Patriarch Kirill urges Ukrainian Uniates to renounce language of hatred, political cliches 24 February 2016, 10:13
- Meeting with Pope was prepared in secret because of too many opponents - Patriarch Kirill 24 February 2016, 10:08
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Catholics to jointly oppose de-Christianization of human civilization 20 February 2016, 18:14
- Nuncio's move from Russia is not connected with the meeting of the patriarch and the pope, the Russian church official says 20 February 2016, 10:22