22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- Moscow Patriarchate to shape position on precedence in Christian religion 28 March 2007, 11:10
- Moscow Patriarchate confirms theological differences with Catholics 22 March 2007, 14:49
- Orthodox believers, Catholics have almost no theological disputes left - Archbishop Schonborn 22 March 2007, 12:50
- Russian Catholics hope the meeting of Putin and Benedict XVI helps interconfessional dialogue in Russia 16 March 2007, 15:17
- Moscow Patriarchate: Russian version of Spanish newspaper article about Putin’s meeting with Benedict XVI is incorrect 15 March 2007, 14:22
- Putin thanks Bari city for return of church 15 March 2007, 11:01
- Moscow Patriarchate denies possibility of speedy meeting with Pope 15 March 2007, 10:00
- Putin says he discussed interfaith dialogue with Pope 15 March 2007, 00:07
- Russia will assist in dialogue between Russian Orthodox Church, Catholic Church - Putin 15 March 2007, 00:04
- Russian Orthodox Church welcomes meeting between pope, Putin 13 March 2007, 22:45
- Putin, Benedict XVI discuss conflicts around the world 13 March 2007, 22:10
- Russian president and Pope of Rome to discuss world politics and inter-church contacts (updated) 13 March 2007, 11:32
- Too early to discuss date for meeting between Alexy II and Benedict XVI - Moscow Patriarchate 12 March 2007, 10:24
- Meeting between Putin and Benedict XVI will help Russia and Vatican to defend traditional values together - Moscow Patriarchate 12 March 2007, 10:22
- Upcoming meeting between Putin and Benedict XVI can help consolidate the position of Christianity in the world - Russian Church 09 March 2007, 11:43
- Metropolitan Kirill sees positive changes in relations with Catholics under the new Pope Benedict XVI 05 March 2007, 10:48
- CIS, Baltic Christians state moral crisis in West 01 March 2007, 13:58
- The Holy See prepares to meet Russian president 01 March 2007, 11:26
- Russian Church supports the Christian Inter-Confessional Committee come back to the former Soviet Union 28 February 2007, 17:40
- Metropolitan Kirill: ecumenical dialogue in Europe should be honest, not politically correct 27 February 2007, 18:14
- Vatican’s representative in Russia urges Catholics to respect Orthodox traditions 14 February 2007, 14:20
- Vatican envoy: relations with Russia’s Orthodox on the rise 31 January 2007, 17:06
- Members of the Orthodox-Catholic working group hope proselytism to have no room in inter-church relations 27 January 2007, 11:01
- Moscow Patriarchate’s bishop and Austrian nuncio reaffirm importance of cooperation between their two Churches 24 January 2007, 15:39
- Prayer for Christian unity to be held in the Roman Catholic cathedral in Moscow 24 January 2007, 14:55