22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- Archbishop of Cyprus visit awaited in Russia, not linked with Vatican 20 June 2007, 11:53
- Metropolitan Kirill denies rumors of Patriarch’s early meeting with Pope 19 June 2007, 14:36
- Cardinal Poupard believes Pope, Patriarch will meet soon 19 June 2007, 13:29
- Vatican has no plans to convert Russia to Catholicism - cardinal Poupard 18 June 2007, 14:09
- No talk of Patriarch meeting Pope now - Moscow Patriarchate 15 June 2007, 18:09
- Speaking of a possible meeting between the Pope and Patriarch Alexy hopefully means assuming that the Vatican is ready to settle problems with Moscow - Andrey Kurayev 15 June 2007, 17:01
- Catholic archbishop of Moscow refuses to comment on possible meeting between Benedict XVI, Alexy II 15 June 2007, 15:06
- St. Stephen’s relic to be laid in Christ the Savior’s reliquary 14 June 2007, 15:59
- Moscow Patriarchate to continue cooperation with Roman Catholic Church, Alexy II says 14 June 2007, 14:44
- Patriarch, Pope will not meet in Strasbourg - Moscow Patriarchate 01 June 2007, 16:59
- Pope's visit to Russia removed from Moscow Patriarchate's agenda - Metropolitan Kirill 01 June 2007, 15:37
- Russian converts to Catholicism are particular cases, not proselytizing policy result - Catholic archbishop 01 June 2007, 15:02
- Orthodox-Catholic consultations to be held in Moscow 29 May 2007, 15:36
- The system of representation in the Joint Orthodox-Catholic Commission is not quite adequate - Moscow Patriarchate 28 May 2007, 12:23
- Orthodox-Catholic Commission for Theological Dialogue to discuss primacy of the Pope of Rome and Patriarch of Constantinople at the meeting in October in Italy 28 May 2007, 12:17
- Rumors about forthcoming meeting between Alexy II and Benedict XVI refuted in Moscow Patriarchate 22 May 2007, 14:01
- Vatican hopes for broader dialogue after reunification of Orthodox Church 21 May 2007, 12:16
- Catholic archbishop rejects the practice of proselytism in Russia 14 May 2007, 11:43
- Nuncio appreciates Russian Orthodox Church’s contribution to the Christian concept of human rights 18 April 2007, 17:27
- Joint concert of Russian, Italian and Vatican orchestras held in Moscow Catholic cathedral 12 April 2007, 13:52
- Cardinal brings St. John Chrysostom’s relics to Khabarovsk 11 April 2007, 13:26
- Moscow Patriarchate: there are no essential changes in relations with Catholics in Russia and Ukraine 04 April 2007, 15:36
- Catholic community in Russia agrees haste inappropriate over Alexy II’s meeting with the Pope of Rome 04 April 2007, 14:13
- Head of Russian Catholics calls for Orthodox, Catholic dialogue 04 April 2007, 11:40
- Talks with Pope possible after rifts with Vatican healed - Alexy II 03 April 2007, 11:41