22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- Russian Church reserved about prospect of meeting between Patriarch, Pope 26 November 2007, 13:15
- Bishop Hilarion requests the Theologian Commission to examine the ambiguous document adopted at the Orthodox-Catholic conference in Ravenna 16 November 2007, 12:19
- Orthodox-Catholic dialogue incomplete without Moscow Patriarchate - Bishop Hilarion 16 November 2007, 10:38
- The Moscow Patriarchate calls Vatican to reject excessive political correctness 12 November 2007, 16:39
- Russian Orthodox Church is against wording Ecumenism 09 November 2007, 14:57
- Russian Orthodox bishop gives Basic Social Concept in French to Benedict XVI 08 November 2007, 16:13
- Catholics’ respect for the Russian Orthodox tradition is a pledge of lasting relations between two Churches 01 November 2007, 19:01
- Meeting between Patriarch and Pope unlikely unless problems are resolved - Metropolitan Kirill 01 November 2007, 18:46
- Possible meeting between Alexy II and Benedict XVI becomes even more real, says the Moscow Patriarchate 26 October 2007, 18:34
- Russian Church may theoretically set up alliance with Catholics - Metropolitan Kirill 26 October 2007, 17:24
- Catholics hand over church in Naples to Moscow Patriarchate 24 October 2007, 11:29
- Media review: Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: An inter-orthodox problem 22 October 2007, 15:34
- Charity should not serve goals of proselytism - Kondrusiewicz 19 October 2007, 16:02
- Orthodox-Catholic dialogue is not legitimate - Bishop Hilarion 17 October 2007, 17:49
- Vatican's envoy to meet Alexy II in Moscow before proceeding to Novosibirsk 11 October 2007, 13:08
- Russian clerics leave meeting on Orthodox-Catholic dialogue over rifts 10 October 2007, 12:39
- The Joint Orthodox-Catholic Theological Commission to discuss universal primacy in Ravenna 08 October 2007, 17:59
- Communion with Catholics will be possible only if the creed is the same - Alexy II 05 October 2007, 17:53
- Exact place, date of meeting between Alexy II, Benedict XVI still unknown 05 October 2007, 10:00
- Orthodox thanksgiving in Notre Dame de Paris a real revelation for many Catholics - a Russian Church spokesman 04 October 2007, 18:12
- Russian Church repudiates reports about Orthodox-Catholic common service at Notre Dame de Paris 04 October 2007, 17:21
- Archbishop of Paris: French Catholics ready to comprehend Orthodox traditions 04 October 2007, 14:13
- Alexy II compares modern time with time of persecution against Church, calling upon Catholics to defend Christian values together 04 October 2007, 13:56
- Orthodox Church would like to view Catholics as allies, not foes 02 October 2007, 15:52
- Moscow Patriarchate wants careful preparation of patriarch-pope meeting 02 October 2007, 13:21