22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- Bishops' Council against isolation and confessional mix, the Moscow Patriarchate says 11 July 2008, 14:17
- The Romanian Synod condemns its metropolitan who communed with Uniates, but decided not to punish him 11 July 2008, 10:03
- Archbishop Pezzi believes in Benedict XVI's meeting with Alexy II but doubts it'll be in Moscow 01 July 2008, 14:58
- Alexy II says Vatican should stop proselytism in CIS 24 June 2008, 17:43
- Envoy says Orthodox-Catholic unity unlikely 09 June 2008, 14:14
- Statements on upcoming meeting between pope, patriarch may be diplomatic move 03 June 2008, 15:10
- Benedict XVI is grateful to Alexy II for goodwill towards the Catholic Church 02 June 2008, 11:53
- The Catholic Church won't keep up its dialogue with Orthodox world without the Russian Church, the Vatican's representative assures 30 May 2008, 16:57
- Alexy II, Cardinal Kasper discuss Uniate Church's expansion in Ukraine (updated) 29 May 2008, 14:51
- Cardinal Kasper presents Pontiff's message to Alexy II 29 May 2008, 13:46
- Cardinal Casper celebrated a mess in the Moscow Catholic Cathedral 23 May 2008, 12:50
- Vatican still unsure about time of Pontiff meeting with Alexy II 22 May 2008, 16:18
- Cardinal Kasper to visit Russia to learn more about Orthodox Church life 12 May 2008, 10:46
- Alexy II calls for development of relations between Orthodox, Catholics 28 April 2008, 11:51
- Moscow Patriarchate believes in strategic alliance with Catholics 21 April 2008, 12:39
- Pope blessed people, government of Russia 17 April 2008, 10:35
- Russian Orthodox and Catholic believers treat each other better - joint working group 28 March 2008, 10:58
- The Moscow Patriarchate objects to media’s unscrupulous coverage of Orthodox-Catholic theme 26 March 2008, 14:51
- Moscow Patriarchate calls on Vatican to discuss status of Catholic dioceses in Russia 26 February 2008, 12:28
- No breakthrough in Orthodox-Catholic dialogue - Russian Church (updated) 19 February 2008, 18:29
- Catholic Church to finance an Orthodox school in Kalmykia village 22 January 2008, 16:35
- The Russian Church’s representative conveys Christmas presents to children from the Moscow Catholic orphanage 14 January 2008, 12:30
- Among the reasons for improvement in relations with Vatican is that Benedict XVI doesn't strive to come to Moscow – Moscow Patriarchate 10 January 2008, 18:07
- Meeting between the Patriarch, Pope possible when disagreements are settled - Patriarchate 10 January 2008, 13:24
- Orthodox-Catholic dialogue in Russia developing slowly - Moscow Patriarchate 26 December 2007, 10:22