22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- No summit between Alexy and Benedict XVI prepared in Baku – Bishop of Baku 11 November 2008, 19:16
- No preparations for Alexy II meeting with Pontiff - Moscow Patriarchate 10 November 2008, 15:05
- The Russian Orthodox Church to bring one of its relics to France 30 October 2008, 11:53
- Head of French Catholics visited the Holy Trinity Laura 28 October 2008, 15:10
- Alexy II notes progress in relationship between Orthodox, Catholic Churches 23 October 2008, 17:18
- Archbishop of Paris to visit Russia 22 October 2008, 10:47
- Roman St. Lucia Parish to help the Elista Diocese 20 October 2008, 14:10
- A representative of Russian Church participated in a Biblical marathon together with Benedict XVI 06 October 2008, 18:58
- Moscow Patriarchate, Roman Catholic Church working actively to resolve differences - Metropolitan Kirill 03 October 2008, 10:34
- Naples Archbishop handed over St. Januarius's relics to Alexy II (updated) 01 October 2008, 14:30
- Orthodox-Catholic dialogue to touch upon social doctrine 29 September 2008, 18:15
- Patriarch-Pope talks possible after rifts overcome - Moscow Patriarchate 24 September 2008, 18:15
- Lukashenko says he'd like Orthodox, Catholic Church heads to meet in Belarus 24 September 2008, 13:22
- The Moscow Patriarchate against Catholic efforts to expand influence over Orthodox 18 September 2008, 15:58
- Eighty Milan priests headed by Cardinal Tettamanzi round off their visit to Russia celebrating Assumption in the Novodevichy Convent 01 September 2008, 10:37
- Cardinal Tettamanzi donates a cross with relics to the Holy Trinity St. Sergius Laura 28 August 2008, 12:53
- Eighty Catholic priests headed by the Archbishop of Milan on pilgrimage to Russia 27 August 2008, 14:01
- Mass media review: "Russia and its Church seen from close up". Giulio Andreotti interviews Antonio Mennini, Apostolic Nuncio to the Russian Federation 06 August 2008, 17:02
- The Vatican believes a meeting between Benedict XVI and Alexy II is possible, but urges to avoid speculations 06 August 2008, 16:53
- Cardinal Etchegaray grateful to Patriarch Alexy's support during his illness 06 August 2008, 16:20
- Vatican's top officials to visit Russia soon 17 July 2008, 10:24
- Bishop to represent Russian Orthodox Church in Italy 16 July 2008, 17:16
- Bishops' Council against isolation and confessional mix, the Moscow Patriarchate says 11 July 2008, 14:17
- The Romanian Synod condemns its metropolitan who communed with Uniates, but decided not to punish him 11 July 2008, 10:03
- Archbishop Pezzi believes in Benedict XVI's meeting with Alexy II but doubts it'll be in Moscow 01 July 2008, 14:58