22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- Belarus, Vatican seek broader ties - Belarusian diplomat 27 April 2009, 16:00
- Lukashenko invites Pontiff to Belarus 27 April 2009, 14:26
- Lukashenko to pass Patriarch Kirill's questions to Pope 27 April 2009, 11:05
- Archbishop Pezzi recommends Catholic priests to avoid competition with Orthodox clerics 24 April 2009, 13:08
- Lukashenko: Vatican upbeat about Belarus authorities' attitude to Catholics 23 April 2009, 16:33
- Lukashenko’s visit to Vatican will make it easier for him to get used to European leaders, the Byelorussian political expert believes 23 April 2009, 15:31
- Patriarch Kirill promotes priest in charge for Inter-Christian relations 22 April 2009, 11:03
- Belarus could be fine place for Moscow Patriarch meeting with Pope - official 21 April 2009, 17:55
- Moscow Patriarchate: Lukashenko's visit to Vatican may positively impact Orthodox-Catholic relations 21 April 2009, 14:49
- Meeting of Pope and Russian Patriarch impossible without denunciation of proselytism 10 April 2009, 15:53
- The Moscow Patriarchate approves of Pope's uncompromising position on ethics 06 April 2009, 12:09
- Meeting between Russian Patriarch, Pope remains on agenda - Russian Church hierarch 06 April 2009, 11:19
- Vatican hopes to strengthen relations with Russia - nuncio 23 March 2009, 16:35
- Russian, Vatican foreign ministers discuss international, humanitarian issues 23 March 2009, 16:22
- Moscow Patriarchate supports position of Pope Benedict XVI rejecting condoms 20 March 2009, 14:38
- Obstacles to meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Benedict XVI are still there - Moscow Patriarchate 13 February 2009, 14:02
- Patriarch Kirill hopes for broader dialogue with Catholics (updated) 03 February 2009, 12:23
- Meeting between Russian Patriarch and Pope hardly possible in 2009 - Moscow Patriarchate 03 February 2009, 11:13
- Patriarch Kirill has no urgent plans to see Pope 28 January 2009, 19:26
- No compromise of faith in dialog with other confessions - Metropolitan Kirill 27 January 2009, 15:47
- New Patriarch, Pope will meet once differences are resolved - Metropolitan Kirill 26 January 2009, 12:01
- Russian Church against compromise on belief-preaching with Catholics - Metropolitan Kirill 21 January 2009, 13:27
- Orthodox believers should keep the purity of faith and share it with those who are near and far – Metropolitan Kirill 29 December 2008, 16:11
- Vatican representative in Russia urges Catholics to strengthen relations with Russian Church 28 November 2008, 14:13
- Orthodox people should review Catholic and Protestant principles of working with young people, the Orthodox Church believes 12 November 2008, 13:14