22 August 2017
Topic of the day
New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, August 22, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches have taken their relationship to a new level, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"A new stage has begun in the development of our relations, full of very important events. It became possible because in Havana [at a meeting between Patriarch Kirill and Pope Francis] we coordinated our positions on very important problems of the present day," the patriarch said at a meeting with the Vatican's Secretary of State Pietro Parolin on Tuesday.
"The commonality of our positions allows us to build relevant plans and fill these plans with real substance," Patriarch Kirill said.
The most significant event since the Havana meeting was the bringing of the holy relics of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker to Russia, the patriarch said.
Cardinal Parolin concurred with him. The Havana meeting gave a fresh impetus to ties between the two Churches, he said.
It is hoped this visit to Russia will become "a tiny little brick" in building new relations, the cardinal said.
Photo by the press service of Patriarch Kirill
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
- Moscow Patriarchate: Russian-Vatican diplomatic relations to work for welfare of nations and Churches 04 December 2009, 13:37
- Russia-Vatican diplomatic relations to help protect peace and promote human values, the Holy See Representative to Russia believes 04 December 2009, 12:50
- Russia to seek embassy level for diplomatic relations with Vatican 04 December 2009, 11:05
- Medvedev and Benedict XVI will discuss international problems, dialog between various cultures and religions and cooperation in the field of humanities 02 December 2009, 17:26
- Lukashenko doesn't rule out meeting of Patriarch Kirill with Benedict XVI in Byelorussia 30 November 2009, 15:34
- Medvedev may affirm similarity of church views at meeting with Pontiff 26 November 2009, 16:38
- Meeting possible between Pope, Patriarch Kirill - Archbishop Hilarion 12 November 2009, 12:23
- Next session of Orthodox-Catholic Theological Commission to be held in Vienna in September 2010 03 November 2009, 10:01
- Next session of the Orthodox-Catholic Theological Dialogue opens in Cyprus 19 October 2009, 18:49
- Moscow Patriarchate denies that Patriarch Kirill plans to meet with Pope 07 October 2009, 11:13
- Archbishop Hilarion urges to overcome disputes Orthodox and Catholics had for thousand years 21 September 2009, 13:25
- Moscow Patriarchate believes Uniate expansion in Ukraine the most complicated problem in relations with Vatican 18 September 2009, 14:01
- Archbishop Hilarion to discuss Orthodox-Catholic dialogue with Benedict XVI 17 September 2009, 13:24
- Archbishop Hilarion to visit Vatican soon 09 September 2009, 14:55
- German Catholics return the Russian Church the icon taken away during the World War II 17 August 2009, 11:49
- New page in relations with Vatican yet to be opened - Russian Church 07 July 2009, 17:57
- Vatican, Russia close to full-scale diplomatic relations - nuncio 06 July 2009, 16:31
- Russia plans to develop relations with Vatican – Medvedev 06 July 2009, 16:28
- Catholic and Orthodox believers are ceasing to view each other as "competing companies" 17 June 2009, 12:10
- Apostolic nuncio thinks Catholic-Orthodox dialog progressing 10 June 2009, 18:03
- Orthodox and Catholic Churches should abandon competition - Moscow Patriarchate figure 08 June 2009, 11:26
- Lukashenko denies mediation between Orthodox, Catholic Churches 05 June 2009, 12:07
- Mass media review: "Russian Orthodox Consecrate Parish in Rome" 26 May 2009, 11:30
- Mass media review: "Relations Warms Between Russian Orthodox Church and Vatican" 26 May 2009, 11:24
- Archbishop Hilarion, Archbishop Mennini discuss Orthodox-Catholic relations 14 May 2009, 13:53