28 July 2020
Topic of the day
Russian Foreign Ministry sends notes of protest to Western states' embassies over LGBT flags hoisted on their buildings
Moscow, July 28, Interfax - The United Kingdom embassy in Moscow has received a note of protest from the Russian Foreign Ministry over the appearance of an LGBT flag on the embassy building in late June, a diplomatic source confirmed to Interfax on Tuesday.
Russian State Duma member Vasily Piskaryov said earlier that the Russian Foreign Ministry had forwarded notes of protest to representatives of the embassies of the UK, the United States, and Canada over LGBT flags hoisted on these embassies' buildings in Moscow at the end of June in support of the LGBT community, its rights and freedoms.
"The Foreign Ministry promptly responded to our address by forwarding notes of protest to the embassies of the U.S., the UK, and Canada in which it stressed that their actions violated the provisions of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and national legislation of the Russian Federation," Piskaryov said on Monday.
"These steps were taken during the period of voting on amendments to the Russian Constitution that sealed provisions on protecting and safeguarding traditional family values," he said.
According to Piskaryov, his commission "continues its work and intends to draw special attention to attempts of interference in our country's internal affairs during preparations for the upcoming regional elections on September 13."
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 |
- Ten cities of the Central Russia refused to hold gay pride parades 03 October 2016, 17:27
- Russian Jews speak strongly against gay pride parade in Jerusalem 22 July 2016, 11:41
- Samara court decides to deport a US pastor for violating visa regimen 11 July 2016, 12:33
- Kiev gay pride parade ends within half an hour with no incident 14 June 2016, 10:18
- Russian Foreign Ministry guarantees orphans adopted by foreigners will not to be given to homosexual families 01 June 2016, 14:25
- LGBT pride parade not held in Chisinau, its participates evacuated for security reasons 23 May 2016, 10:36
- Spread of same-sex marriage puts world in moral catastrophe - Zorkin 20 May 2016, 10:04
- Homosexuals give up the idea to hold an action in Tbilisi fearing for their safety 17 May 2016, 10:00
- Georgian president refrains from discussing same-sex "marriages", believes there are more important things to discuss 11 May 2016, 13:04
- Poroshenko promises not to allow legalizing gay 'marriages' in Ukraine 26 April 2016, 12:52
- Moscow tells London that foreign diplomats' engagement in homosexuality propaganda inadmissible 04 April 2016, 11:57
- Georgian Patriarchate asks to provide security to human rights activist from LGBT community 08 February 2016, 10:03
- UOC primate concerned about legalization of homosexual 'marriages' in Ukraine 03 February 2016, 15:07
- Georgian Constitutional Court receives same-sex marriage lawsuit 29 January 2016, 10:02
- Ukrainian parliament will never support homosexual 'marriages' - Rada speaker 13 November 2015, 12:23
- Homosexuality deprives Elton John of creative energy, his former fan Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 12 October 2015, 14:11
- There is not sexual minorities problem in Russia, this is a tool of attacking Moscow - Putin 29 September 2015, 10:06
- Access to Children-404 group blocked for VKontakte users on Russian territory following Roskomnadzor decision 25 September 2015, 12:44
- Kirov police launch 'homosexuality propaganda' case against Apple at local lawyer's request 25 September 2015, 11:46
- Moscow gay pride organizer seeks Swiss citizenship 10 September 2015, 10:01
- Petards and smoke grenades thrown at participants in homosexual forum in Odessa 17 August 2015, 15:08
- Court bans LGBT march in Odessa 13 August 2015, 16:45
- Gay activist faces trial in kilt in St. Petersburg 04 August 2015, 10:08
- Arkhangelsk authorities ban LGBT event on Airborne Troops Day 27 July 2015, 10:11
- Merkel's words about marriage as a union between man and woman sound like 'the bolt from the rainbow blue' 17 July 2015, 10:02