28 July 2020
Topic of the day
Russian Foreign Ministry sends notes of protest to Western states' embassies over LGBT flags hoisted on their buildings
Moscow, July 28, Interfax - The United Kingdom embassy in Moscow has received a note of protest from the Russian Foreign Ministry over the appearance of an LGBT flag on the embassy building in late June, a diplomatic source confirmed to Interfax on Tuesday.
Russian State Duma member Vasily Piskaryov said earlier that the Russian Foreign Ministry had forwarded notes of protest to representatives of the embassies of the UK, the United States, and Canada over LGBT flags hoisted on these embassies' buildings in Moscow at the end of June in support of the LGBT community, its rights and freedoms.
"The Foreign Ministry promptly responded to our address by forwarding notes of protest to the embassies of the U.S., the UK, and Canada in which it stressed that their actions violated the provisions of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and national legislation of the Russian Federation," Piskaryov said on Monday.
"These steps were taken during the period of voting on amendments to the Russian Constitution that sealed provisions on protecting and safeguarding traditional family values," he said.
According to Piskaryov, his commission "continues its work and intends to draw special attention to attempts of interference in our country's internal affairs during preparations for the upcoming regional elections on September 13."
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 |
- Moscow authorities did not sanction gay parade 30 May 2008, 18:12
- Sexual minorities press for gay parade in Moscow, ready to cooperate with city authorities 30 May 2008, 10:43
- Gay pride parade may be held in Ufa 29 May 2008, 15:34
- Gay parade organizers sue Moscow authorities for banning picket 21 May 2008, 15:30
- Tambov governor urges to "pull out" gays and "cast their pieces downwind" - paper 19 May 2008, 17:33
- Acting Moscow mayor takes gays' accusations in good fun 19 May 2008, 16:08
- Homosexuals seek criminal action against Moscow mayor 19 May 2008, 09:34
- Members of the Orthodox community demand to re-establish criminal liability for homosexuality 05 May 2008, 16:01
- Gay activists attacked in St. Petersburg 04 May 2008, 11:42
- Gay activists plastered mouths, gathered in park in St. Petersburg 04 May 2008, 11:40
- Gay pride parades cancelled in Moscow 30 April 2008, 13:40
- Moscow gay pride parade organizers plan to ignore ban on marches 28 April 2008, 15:38
- Moscow gays to organize 25 rallies and processions during the firs five days of May 28 April 2008, 12:47
- Moscow gays fight for the right to hold five parades a day in May 25 April 2008, 13:05
- Karelian human rights group supports gay singer Moiseyev 24 April 2008, 14:52
- Russian religious figures urges CoE not to back Moscow gay rally 03 April 2008, 11:47
- Russian sexual minorities to demand state guarantees for their rights 26 March 2008, 11:26
- Russian sexual minorities to demand state guarantees for their rights 26 March 2008, 10:00
- Organizers of Moscow gay parade hope Strasbourg helps them get 1,000,000 euro from Russia 14 February 2008, 13:35
- Film about Russian sexual minorities to be shown at Berlinale 04 February 2008, 13:26
- Gay activists to hold parade in Moscow on May 31 24 January 2008, 15:17
- Famous actor asks St. Pete's governor to ban a cinema festival dedicated to non-conventional love 24 January 2008, 13:33
- Karelian human right activists speak for homosexuals’ right to adopt children 11 January 2008, 13:23
- Once homosexuality is condoned, pedophilia to be legalized, Metropolitan Kirill believes 10 January 2008, 18:31
- Moscow schismatics ‘consecrated’ an open gay 10 January 2008, 12:15