28 July 2020
Topic of the day
Russian Foreign Ministry sends notes of protest to Western states' embassies over LGBT flags hoisted on their buildings
Moscow, July 28, Interfax - The United Kingdom embassy in Moscow has received a note of protest from the Russian Foreign Ministry over the appearance of an LGBT flag on the embassy building in late June, a diplomatic source confirmed to Interfax on Tuesday.
Russian State Duma member Vasily Piskaryov said earlier that the Russian Foreign Ministry had forwarded notes of protest to representatives of the embassies of the UK, the United States, and Canada over LGBT flags hoisted on these embassies' buildings in Moscow at the end of June in support of the LGBT community, its rights and freedoms.
"The Foreign Ministry promptly responded to our address by forwarding notes of protest to the embassies of the U.S., the UK, and Canada in which it stressed that their actions violated the provisions of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and national legislation of the Russian Federation," Piskaryov said on Monday.
"These steps were taken during the period of voting on amendments to the Russian Constitution that sealed provisions on protecting and safeguarding traditional family values," he said.
According to Piskaryov, his commission "continues its work and intends to draw special attention to attempts of interference in our country's internal affairs during preparations for the upcoming regional elections on September 13."
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 |
- Vyatka Diocese officials criticize their priest for his slash of a gay parade 20 March 2009, 11:46
- Organizers of Moscow gay parade complain to Strasbourg court, demand 1.7 Mln euro in damages 11 March 2009, 16:10
- Gay pride parades are unacceptable for Moscow and shouldn’t be allowed – chief administration of internal affairs 06 March 2009, 18:48
- Russian sexual minorities complain to Strasbourg court 09 February 2009, 18:05
- Propaganda of sexual minorities could promote HIV in Moscow - mayor 04 December 2008, 12:17
- Sex minorities accuse Yabloko party in homophobia 19 November 2008, 10:44
- Latvians don't want to live in vicinity of gays, lesbians, gypsies and Muslims 11 September 2008, 17:27
- Kaunas authorities ban gay and lesbian festival 07 August 2008, 14:17
- Sex-minorities to hold a parade on the day of the final of Eurovision 2009 22 July 2008, 10:14
- Moscow authorities ban gay picket near Iranian embassy 14 July 2008, 11:48
- Russian gay community will picket the Embassy of Iran to protest against executions of homosexuals 07 July 2008, 17:13
- Estonia may allow registration of one-sex unions 03 July 2008, 13:47
- The Russian Church Bishop's Council probable to affirm negative attitude to homosexual "marriages" 23 June 2008, 14:25
- Campaign against propaganda of homosexual love to reduce the number of gays in society by 60-70 per cent, the researcher believes 20 June 2008, 15:15
- The number of drunken drivers and tax evaders among homosexuals is twice as much - expert 20 June 2008, 13:20
- Alexy II believes it impossible to lead the dialogue with Christians blessing homosexual marriages 19 June 2008, 13:17
- Gay Moscovites send new complaint against Luzhkov's ban to Strasbourg court 17 June 2008, 14:30
- Kazakhstan to have its first gay parade 11 June 2008, 15:52
- Compassion to gays makes the Church condemn unisexual relations - the Moscow Patriarchate 07 June 2008, 13:29
- Moscow gay pride organizer positively repels accusation in provocative actions and explains it with the vengeance of those who have lost their influence 07 June 2008, 10:19
- Gay activist accuses Moscow gay parade organizer in a series of provocations 06 June 2008, 14:41
- Karelia rights activists petition Russian Supreme Court to allow gay marriages 03 June 2008, 10:32
- Russian gay singer asks gay parade activists "not to insist" 02 June 2008, 15:14
- 36 detained for attempt to stage gay parade in Moscow 02 June 2008, 10:24
- Moscow authorities did not sanction gay parade 30 May 2008, 18:12