28 July 2020
Topic of the day
Russian Foreign Ministry sends notes of protest to Western states' embassies over LGBT flags hoisted on their buildings
Moscow, July 28, Interfax - The United Kingdom embassy in Moscow has received a note of protest from the Russian Foreign Ministry over the appearance of an LGBT flag on the embassy building in late June, a diplomatic source confirmed to Interfax on Tuesday.
Russian State Duma member Vasily Piskaryov said earlier that the Russian Foreign Ministry had forwarded notes of protest to representatives of the embassies of the UK, the United States, and Canada over LGBT flags hoisted on these embassies' buildings in Moscow at the end of June in support of the LGBT community, its rights and freedoms.
"The Foreign Ministry promptly responded to our address by forwarding notes of protest to the embassies of the U.S., the UK, and Canada in which it stressed that their actions violated the provisions of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and national legislation of the Russian Federation," Piskaryov said on Monday.
"These steps were taken during the period of voting on amendments to the Russian Constitution that sealed provisions on protecting and safeguarding traditional family values," he said.
According to Piskaryov, his commission "continues its work and intends to draw special attention to attempts of interference in our country's internal affairs during preparations for the upcoming regional elections on September 13."
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 |
- Gay, pedophilia propaganda bans do not run counter to Russia's commitments – ministry 28 March 2012, 16:47
- Moscow Orthodox community tells gays not to play with fire 27 March 2012, 11:47
- Moscow gay prides activist demands to bring back a swimming pool located in the site of Christ the Savior Cathedral 26 March 2012, 10:01
- Gay murder suspects arrested in Moscow 23 March 2012, 16:40
- Madonna to speak against the law banning homosexual propaganda during her tour to St. Petersburg 22 March 2012, 13:44
- Patriarch Kirill's organization backs up the law against homosexual propaganda 21 March 2012, 12:44
- Russia criticized over gay issue beyond universal values - Lavrov 21 March 2012, 11:21
- St. Petersburg "anti-gay" law is discriminatory - rights activists 12 March 2012, 17:14
- Law banning propaganda of homosexuality should get federal status - Russian Orthodox Church 12 March 2012, 12:16
- Gays to protest against St. Petersburg homophobic law near schools 12 March 2012, 10:02
- St. Petersburg governor signs ban on propaganda of homosexuality 11 March 2012, 13:56
- St. Petersburg parliament bans propaganda of homosexuality, pedophilia 29 February 2012, 14:29
- Majority of Russians believe homosexuality is a vice and speak against gay prides 10 February 2012, 15:18
- Police in the Kaliningrad Region took participants in the race for gays and sectarians 24 January 2012, 12:49
- Russian gays to appeal to ECHR against Moscow bans for 100 years ahead 20 January 2012, 10:11
- Astakhov supports decriminalization of homosexuality, opposes its propaganda 05 December 2011, 16:09
- Homosexuality bill can be passed at federal level - Kozak 02 December 2011, 13:12
- Russian Constitutional Court assesses bill on homosexual propaganda 01 December 2011, 10:01
- Anti-homophobia demonstration held in St. Petersburg 28 November 2011, 10:06
- St. Pete legislature almost unanimously votes on fines for homosexuality propaganda 17 November 2011, 11:19
- Gay activists detained in Moscow for holding anti-American rally 24 October 2011, 10:00
- Moscow gays, lesbians to hold their rally despite city authorities' ban 13 October 2011, 13:43
- Novosibirsk police investigate attack on local gay activist 10 October 2011, 16:47
- 40 detained at gay rally in central Moscow - police 03 October 2011, 10:01
- Four Moscow gay organizations denied registration 27 September 2011, 10:05