28 July 2020
Topic of the day
Russian Foreign Ministry sends notes of protest to Western states' embassies over LGBT flags hoisted on their buildings
Moscow, July 28, Interfax - The United Kingdom embassy in Moscow has received a note of protest from the Russian Foreign Ministry over the appearance of an LGBT flag on the embassy building in late June, a diplomatic source confirmed to Interfax on Tuesday.
Russian State Duma member Vasily Piskaryov said earlier that the Russian Foreign Ministry had forwarded notes of protest to representatives of the embassies of the UK, the United States, and Canada over LGBT flags hoisted on these embassies' buildings in Moscow at the end of June in support of the LGBT community, its rights and freedoms.
"The Foreign Ministry promptly responded to our address by forwarding notes of protest to the embassies of the U.S., the UK, and Canada in which it stressed that their actions violated the provisions of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and national legislation of the Russian Federation," Piskaryov said on Monday.
"These steps were taken during the period of voting on amendments to the Russian Constitution that sealed provisions on protecting and safeguarding traditional family values," he said.
According to Piskaryov, his commission "continues its work and intends to draw special attention to attempts of interference in our country's internal affairs during preparations for the upcoming regional elections on September 13."
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 |
- Sexual minorities contest Moscow authorities' ban on gay pride parades in Strasbourg 05 December 2012, 18:15
- Russian official denies Milan severing twinned-city ties with St. Petersburg over gays law 30 November 2012, 10:29
- Bastrykin: European liberalism on sexual minorities' rights has become extreme 29 November 2012, 13:45
- Feminists dressed of nuns conduct rally in defense of same-sex marriage in Paris 19 November 2012, 12:33
- Orthodox activists demand closure of gay clubs, ban on homosexual "propaganda" in Moscow 09 October 2012, 10:02
- LGBT activists plan gay pride parade near Khimki administration building 03 October 2012, 16:47
- Supreme Court of Russia upholds ban on homosexual "propaganda" among minors (updated) 03 October 2012, 16:38
- Russians still oppose gay "marriage", become more tolerant of gay unions - poll 20 August 2012, 11:48
- Moscow City Court upholds ban on gay pride parades in Moscow for the next 100 years 17 August 2012, 17:50
- Russian court registers 333 mln ruble lawsuit against Madonna 17 August 2012, 17:24
- Police start inquiry at parents' request after Madonna's concert in St. Petersburg 14 August 2012, 10:04
- Organizers of Madonna concert in St. Pete may sue anti-gay law author 13 August 2012, 10:15
- Activists in St. Pete report to police on Madonna's breaking law banning gay propaganda 13 August 2012, 10:14
- St. Petersburg gays to challenge Madonna with choice 07 August 2012, 16:40
- St. Petersburg charges 74 under new law on propaganda of pedophilia, homosexuality 23 July 2012, 10:49
- A Communist MP leads the rating oh homophobes in Ukraine 18 July 2012, 18:23
- Attempts to register unisex "marriages" in Moscow illegal lawful, self-publicity - registry office 18 July 2012, 14:40
- Moscow gay parade organizer acquitted 10 July 2012, 16:34
- St. Petersburg government revokes gay parade permission 06 July 2012, 10:03
- Picket protesting homosexual propaganda on near Ukrainian parliament building 05 July 2012, 12:58
- Gay rights activists file suit with ECHR contesting Arkhangelsk Region's law banning propaganda of homosexuality 02 July 2012, 14:34
- Moscow gays to challenge 100-year ban on gay pride parades at ECHR 07 June 2012, 13:54
- Gays want to hold pride parade in St. Petersburg in July 06 June 2012, 10:01
- Police detain some 40 during Moscow Pride events on Sunday 28 May 2012, 10:12
- Moldovan parliament passes equality bill enraging Communists and clergy 25 May 2012, 17:35