28 July 2020
Topic of the day
Russian Foreign Ministry sends notes of protest to Western states' embassies over LGBT flags hoisted on their buildings
Moscow, July 28, Interfax - The United Kingdom embassy in Moscow has received a note of protest from the Russian Foreign Ministry over the appearance of an LGBT flag on the embassy building in late June, a diplomatic source confirmed to Interfax on Tuesday.
Russian State Duma member Vasily Piskaryov said earlier that the Russian Foreign Ministry had forwarded notes of protest to representatives of the embassies of the UK, the United States, and Canada over LGBT flags hoisted on these embassies' buildings in Moscow at the end of June in support of the LGBT community, its rights and freedoms.
"The Foreign Ministry promptly responded to our address by forwarding notes of protest to the embassies of the U.S., the UK, and Canada in which it stressed that their actions violated the provisions of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and national legislation of the Russian Federation," Piskaryov said on Monday.
"These steps were taken during the period of voting on amendments to the Russian Constitution that sealed provisions on protecting and safeguarding traditional family values," he said.
According to Piskaryov, his commission "continues its work and intends to draw special attention to attempts of interference in our country's internal affairs during preparations for the upcoming regional elections on September 13."
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 |
- Mayor's Office says no gay parade in Moscow 14 May 2013, 11:53
- St. Petersburg authorities allow sexual minorities to hold rally - LGBT activists 13 May 2013, 16:13
- Gay pride parade in Moscow unlikely - city administration 13 May 2013, 15:06
- Gay pride parade application filed to Moscow city administration (updated) 13 May 2013, 11:40
- Russia should amend adoption deal with France in light of legalization of same-sex marriages - Putin 26 April 2013, 17:36
- FEMEN activists spray head of Belgian Catholic Church with water 24 April 2013, 13:08
- Dutch attitude to sexual minorities unacceptable in Russia – Peskov 15 April 2013, 12:40
- Putin: I can hardly image gay marriages in Chechnya 09 April 2013, 10:03
- Putin: Ban on homosexual propaganda initiated in regions, reflects public opinion 09 April 2013, 10:01
- Russian Church hopes new head of Anglican Church will not allow female bishops, same-sex marriage 25 March 2013, 13:20
- Russian laws ban gay couples from adopting children - Astakhov 14 March 2013, 13:25
- 80% of Russians oppose same-sex marriages, gay pride parades - poll 12 March 2013, 15:51
- Intl law does not bind permission of homosexuality propaganda – Lavrov 26 February 2013, 15:15
- Russia to check reports of adoption of Russian child by U.S. woman in same-sex union 21 February 2013, 10:23
- Russia will adjust agreement on adoptions if France legalizes same-sex marriage – Naryshkin 06 February 2013, 16:50
- Legalization of same-sex marriage in UK, France narrows possibilities of adoption of Russian children - Russian Foreign Ministry 06 February 2013, 16:48
- Same-sex couples cannot adopt Russian children 05 February 2013, 17:14
- Bill banning gay propaganda among minors meets European standards - parliamentarian 04 February 2013, 10:31
- State Duma passes bill banning propaganda of homosexuality among children in first reading 25 January 2013, 17:59
- No applications for same-sex "marriages" made in Moscow last year 21 January 2013, 14:23
- Gay activist beaten up at a rally in Voronezh 21 January 2013, 10:21
- FEMEN activists take clothes off during mass in St. Peter's Square in Vatican 14 January 2013, 11:29
- Medvedev: bill against gays unnecessary as "not all relations between people can be regulated by law" 07 December 2012, 16:35
- Sexual minorities contest Moscow authorities' ban on gay pride parades in Strasbourg 05 December 2012, 18:15
- Russian official denies Milan severing twinned-city ties with St. Petersburg over gays law 30 November 2012, 10:29