28 July 2020
Topic of the day
Russian Foreign Ministry sends notes of protest to Western states' embassies over LGBT flags hoisted on their buildings
Moscow, July 28, Interfax - The United Kingdom embassy in Moscow has received a note of protest from the Russian Foreign Ministry over the appearance of an LGBT flag on the embassy building in late June, a diplomatic source confirmed to Interfax on Tuesday.
Russian State Duma member Vasily Piskaryov said earlier that the Russian Foreign Ministry had forwarded notes of protest to representatives of the embassies of the UK, the United States, and Canada over LGBT flags hoisted on these embassies' buildings in Moscow at the end of June in support of the LGBT community, its rights and freedoms.
"The Foreign Ministry promptly responded to our address by forwarding notes of protest to the embassies of the U.S., the UK, and Canada in which it stressed that their actions violated the provisions of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and national legislation of the Russian Federation," Piskaryov said on Monday.
"These steps were taken during the period of voting on amendments to the Russian Constitution that sealed provisions on protecting and safeguarding traditional family values," he said.
According to Piskaryov, his commission "continues its work and intends to draw special attention to attempts of interference in our country's internal affairs during preparations for the upcoming regional elections on September 13."
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 |
- Putin says ready to sign bill banning adoption by same-sex couples (updated) 04 June 2013, 16:45
- Child adoption by homosexuals against "traditions of the people of Russia" - deputy PM 03 June 2013, 10:47
- Dispersal of gay rally was "God's will" - priest 31 May 2013, 18:03
- Russian Church criticizes EU for forcing anti-Christian norms on Europe 31 May 2013, 17:20
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin says Orthodox believes can and should fight propaganda of homosexuality 31 May 2013, 16:46
- State Duma to discuss measures to prevent adoption of Russian children by same-sex couples 29 May 2013, 17:17
- Georgian prime minister promises foreign diplomats to end violence against sexual minorities 27 May 2013, 10:08
- Munich mayor says surprised Kiev mayor absent from gay march 27 May 2013, 10:06
- Demonstrations of LGBT defenders, opponents in central Tbilisi pass without incidents 27 May 2013, 10:06
- State Duma shocked by LGBT protest at Eternal Flame in Togliatti 27 May 2013, 10:03
- About 45 detained during gay-homophobe punch-up in Moscow 27 May 2013, 10:01
- Court bans gay pride parades in Kiev on May 25 (updated) 23 May 2013, 21:09
- CoE commissioner urges Georgian authorities to protect gays from homophobes 22 May 2013, 15:42
- CoE secretary general urges Russia to protect gay rights to demonstrations, freedom of speech (updated) 22 May 2013, 11:28
- Patriarch Kirill tells CoE's secretary general same-sex marriage sinful 21 May 2013, 13:38
- Anti-homophobia demo held in Kiev 20 May 2013, 10:05
- Georgian patriarch calls on supporters, opponents of gay movement to pray for each other 20 May 2013, 10:04
- 28 injured in Tbilisi in attack on rally in defense of gays 20 May 2013, 10:03
- LGBT rally in St. Petersburg draws 60 supporters, 200 opponents 17 May 2013, 16:55
- Georgian ombudsman fails to protect gay parade in Tbilisi 17 May 2013, 16:16
- Seventeen people injured amid gay parade in Tbilisi 17 May 2013, 16:08
- Orthodox Church, NGO of Moldova ask Chisinau mayor to cancel gay parade 17 May 2013, 15:06
- Police, special task forces save gay parade participants from outraged citizens in Tbilisi 17 May 2013, 14:23
- Three-fourths of Russians insist govt. should ban public display of homosexuality 17 May 2013, 13:14
- Sexual minority event removed from Moscow park's plan 16 May 2013, 10:06