21 February 2022, 22:57
Topic of the day
Kiev continuing to prepare crackdown on Ukrainian Church of Moscow Patriarchate – Putin
Moscow, February 21, Interfax - Kiev is continuing to harass parishioners and clergy of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.
"Kiev is continuing to prepare a crackdown on the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate," he said in an address to the Russian nation.
Putin noted that this is not an emotional but a document-based assessment.
"The Ukrainian authorities have cynically turned the tragedy of the church split into an instrument of state policy. The current leadership of the country does not respond to the requests of the Ukrainian citizens to repeal the laws that infringe on the rights of believers," he went on to say.
"Moreover, new bills directed against the clergy and millions of parishioners of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate have been registered in the Rada," Putin said.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 |
- Patriarch Bartholomew signs tomos of autocephaly for a new Ukrainian church 05 January 2019, 17:26
- Ukrainian custom authorities seize copies of Patriarch Kirill's Christmas greeting - Moscow Patriarchate 04 January 2019, 21:28
- Constantinople Patriarchate is involved in fight between authorities, Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Metropolitan Onufry 29 December 2018, 19:55
- Structures of Russian Orthodox Church to open in all localities that have Constantinople parishes 29 December 2018, 17:53
- Russian Orthodox Church laymen allowed to have communion in St. Panteleimon Monastery on Athos 29 December 2018, 17:49
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod forms patriarch's exarchates in Europe, Asia in response to Constantinople's actions 29 December 2018, 17:43
- Moscow Synod calls unification assembly in Kiev non-canonical, expresses concerns about plans to rename Ukrainian Orthodox Church 29 December 2018, 17:39
- Georgian patriarch hopes for restoration of brotherly ties between Russian Orthodox Church, Constantinople Patriarchate 28 December 2018, 16:05
- Patriarch Kirill doubts Patriarch Bartholonew's "sound mind" 27 December 2018, 19:17
- Russian Orthodox Church accuses Patriarch Bartholomew of fulfilling U.S. order in Ukraine 27 December 2018, 14:58
- Law on renaming UOC takes effect 27 December 2018, 14:34
- Change of Ukrainian Orthodox Church's name fraught with 'bloody conflicts' - Patriarch Kirill 26 December 2018, 13:44
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church compares new Ukrainian church to Tower of Babel, which collapsed 25 December 2018, 15:00
- UOC to appeal law on renaming it in Constitutional Court 25 December 2018, 12:43
- Moscow Patriarchate prepared for dialogue with Constantinople but not going to change stance on Ukraine - spokesperson 24 December 2018, 13:02
- Ukrainian state's attempts to be done with canonical Church are doomed - Moscow Patriarchate 24 December 2018, 10:23
- Ukrainian parliamentary opposition to go to Constitutional Court, Prosecutor General's Office over church renaming bill 24 December 2018, 10:22
- Poroshenko signs law renaming Ukrainian Orthodox Church 24 December 2018, 10:22
- Belarusian Orthodox Church declares autocephalous Ukrainian church schismatic 21 December 2018, 17:06
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church sees no reason for name change 21 December 2018, 14:05
- Center of Ukrainian Orthodox Church is in Kiev, not in Moscow - Russian Orthodox Church 21 December 2018, 13:50
- Head of new Ukrainian church meets with U.S. ambassador in Kiev 21 December 2018, 13:16
- Constantinople Patriarchate is accomplice to persecution of Ukrainian Orthodox Church - Patriarch Kirill (updated) 21 December 2018, 12:32
- U.S. secretary of state's phone call to 'chief schismatic of Ukrainian church' is unprecedented - Peskov 21 December 2018, 12:00
- Rada decision to rename Ukrainian Orthodox Church nonsense, act of forgery - Russian MP 21 December 2018, 10:59